Up Until - Mix & Production Critiques Welcome!

Myriad Rocker

55 minutes ago, David Sprouse said:

You have a nice baritone voice .....I have no nits or crits.  Great song there.

Thanks, David.  I appreciate it.  I wish I could take credit for the voice.  It's a good friend of mine.  I'm just a boring guitar player and drummer that occasionally sings terrible backup vocals.  LOL

I actually posted an edited track as of today.  It's in the OP.  I thought the bass was a bit lacking.  Would appreciate if you guys would let me know if I'm crazy (or not).

4 hours ago, KurtS said:

I think it sounds really good, I might increase the bass just very slightly again but I like a big bottom. Nice work.

Kinda agree.  Bumped it just a hair.  Updated in OP.

14 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Only listened to the second mix on my events certainly punches it out there.

Appreciate it!

overall, very, very well done....production, arrangements, sounds, mixing, vocals...the crunchy guitar reminds me of Porcupine Tree, who, if you haven't heard of, may want to give a listen to...hope it's ok to post a link to one of Steven Wilson's pieces (mod's please delete if not allowed): 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Larry T. said:

overall, very, very well done....production, arrangements, sounds, mixing, vocals...the crunchy guitar reminds me of Porcupine Tree, who, if you haven't heard of, may want to give a listen to...hope it's ok to post a link to one of Steven Wilson's pieces (mod's please delete if not allowed): 

Thanks, I appreciate it.  I have heard of them before, but I'm not familiar with any of their songs.  I do like that distorted guitar, though.  Dig the breakdown at about 2:57.

• Like 1