Cherry Audio Releases Mercury-4

Brian Lawler

A lot of people get really excited by these Cherry Audio synths. I used to be one of them. Used the DCO-106 as my goto for a while. Then I compared it with the Softube Model 84 while watching a YouTube comparison by Starsky Carr and realised the Cherry Audio was but a pale imitation. Bought the Softube but it's tired looking UI doesn't really inspire me to use it as much as the Cherry Audio did. 

I enjoy looking at the Cherry Audio synths. They're cheap and cheerful I guess and there's a lot to be said for that. 

I'm hoping they improve the accuracy of the emulations as time goes on. Because then they'd really be on to a winning combination. 

On 9/16/2021 at 10:02 PM, Craig N said:

A lot of people get really excited by these Cherry Audio synths. I used to be one of them. Used the DCO-106 as my goto for a while. Then I compared it with the Softube Model 84 while watching a YouTube comparison by Starsky Carr and realised the Cherry Audio was but a pale imitation. Bought the Softube but it's tired looking UI doesn't really inspire me to use it as much as the Cherry Audio did. 

I enjoy looking at the Cherry Audio synths. They're cheap and cheerful I guess and there's a lot to be said for that. 

I'm hoping they improve the accuracy of the emulations as time goes on. Because then they'd really be on to a winning combination. 

Craig try roland zenology stuff , sounds great and inspiring with great presets ...

• Great Idea 1