Indiginus - The Fiddle

Brian Lawler

47 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I once promoted a production company called InDigEnt where all the films were made with low budgets using prosumer digital cameras, like regular people bought at the time for home movies.   This was the days before DSLRs and 4K on little cameras, so these films were grainy on the big screen. 

It literally meant Independent Digital Entertainment, but it also meant a Poverty Row type of studio.    I suppose today somebody could pretend to be offended about this.  Of course, nowadays somebody can pretend to be offended by anything.

I'm offended that you would think I'm offended by anything anyone says.

FYI: I am now officially offended by my offensive remark. I'll get me coat.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

i realize that. i dont think they would care how its spelt. they care what it is associated with and represents. it is the way it is. 😞

The word "indigenous" is an adjective in English, and is not capitalized, therefore it is not a noun describing a specific people.

So nobody specific to offend. Even plants can be described as "indigenous"... :)

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/indigenous

Essential Meaning of indigenous

: produced, living, or existing naturally in a particular region or environment

// He grows a wide variety of both indigenous [=native] and exotic plants.

// an indigenous culture/language

// There are several indigenous groups that still live in the area.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I think it depends on how well The Resonator does for Tracy.  I assume he is splitting the revenue with IK, so they would have to bring in a lot more business for it to be worth his while.

My guess is that the answer might be no about porting more.  This might be an experiment on his part to let a wider world know how good his stuff is.  Like people use Audio Plugin Deals or an NKS sale with NI. 

After watching the The Resonator walk-through videos, I concluded that the Kontakt versions of these highly expressive instruments appeared to be more usable than SampleTank.

I like SampleTank 4 for it's quality of samples, but it appears to be a kludge in the ST4 interface to incorporate a workflow that seems natural in Kontakt.

So I bought the Indiginus (Kontakt) versions of both The Fiddle and The Resonator. Very cool! 😎

I discussed this GUI comparison in the Indiginus vs IK Resonator thread:

2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I once promoted a production company called InDigEnt where all the films were made with low budgets using prosumer digital cameras, like regular people bought at the time for home movies.   This was the days before DSLRs and 4K on little cameras, so these films were grainy on the big screen. 

It literally meant Independent Digital Entertainment, but it also meant a Poverty Row type of studio.    I suppose today somebody could pretend to be offended about this.  Of course, nowadays somebody can pretend to be offended by anything.

I get the feeling times have changed. Things mean different things today. You  gotta be careful.

1 hour ago, abacab said:

The word "indigenous" is an adjective in English, and is not capitalized, therefore it is not a noun describing a specific people.

So nobody specific to offend. Even plants can be described as "indigenous"... :)

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/indigenous

yeah. i agree. you can argue the dictionary meaning any way you want to. but they ain't gonna care what the dictionary says.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/idiot#synonyms

^^ if a  kid starts failing all his classes and they call him a birdbrain or idiot or stupid..  it ain't gonna fly.  it ain't cool to say that anymore. You just say ADHD. 😉

58 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

yeah. i agree. you can argue the dictionary meaning any way you want to. but they ain't gonna care what the dictionary says.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/idiot#synonyms

^^ if a  kid starts failing all his classes and they call him a birdbrain or idiot or stupid..  it ain't gonna fly.  it ain't cool to say that anymore. You just say ADHD. 😉

Be careful of straying too far off topic [Indiginus], or the mods may lock this thread for going down a political correctness rabbit hole... 😉

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Has anyone compared this to the Bolder Sounds fiddle?

Looking at the walkthrough on Bolder Sound and comparing the two, I'd say this one sounds better, more natural. Bolder Sound's too artificial to my ears. But then again, it could just be a matter of player ability. 🤷‍♂️

Bolder is a great little company though. I'm not bad mouthing them.