Indiginus - The Fiddle

Brian Lawler

1 hour ago, Brian Lawler said:

No posts at all on the Indiginus support forum (about The Fiddle).  Maybe post a query there or send a note to Tracy Collins?  I don't have issues with any if his libraries that I own, so I have to think that if there is a problem he will get on it right away.

Thanks, I just posted this on the forum. I hear this very clearly in the walkthru video while he's showing us the staccato and tremolo articulations and will be surprised if no one else brings this up. Surely it's not just me.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, fret_man said:

Thanks, I just posted this on the forum. I hear this very clearly in the walkthru video while he's showing us the staccato and tremolo articulations and will be surprised if no one else brings this up. Surely it's not just me.

You're right.  I didn't notice on the first view/listen, but listening to the staccato starting at about 4:38 the pops are very pronounced.  Also noted in the tremolos but not on every sample.  Strange that this was let by.

5 hours ago, fret_man said:

Hmmm, in the Walkthru video I hear pops in the staccato and tremolo articulations. That's disappointing!

I want to like this. Listening again....

Wow, it's really annoying....

Not hearing that here. Windows audio running at sample rate 48k.

Edited by abacab

After downloading it yesterday I got an email from Tracy saying    "Please download your Fiddle again. We put in a fix of the shorts."  

Not sure what "shorts" means, but must refer to the staccato problem mentioned above. I'm not hearing any pops here.

-Bjorn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/16/2021 at 3:34 PM, Reid Rosefelt said:

I beta-tested this.  I got distracted and wrote this little melody.   It's just The Fiddle, Indiginus's The STEEL, Picked Acoustic, and Trilian.

The Fiddle - Three Things.mp3 2.33 MB · 19 downloads

That sounds really nice, Reid. Good job. You know, I've know of this dev a long time. He's a class act and I really respect him. But I haven't picked up one of his libraries yet.

My friend Jay Asher has said really good things about Indiginus's libraries. I'm not sure if this is the one for me, but your piece made me appreciate it even more than the dev's demo. Thanks for sharing that. 

• Like 3

The company name is "Indiginus", not "indigenous". It's a pun on "in digital". It does not imply that the samples have been co-opted from some ancient Inuit tradition.

Note that he's wisely never released a library of snowmobile sounds, thus avoiding any potential controversy.

• Haha 8

25 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

The company name is "Indiginus", not "indigenous". It's a pun on "in digital". It does not imply that the samples have been co-opted from some ancient Inuit tradition.

Note that he's wisely never released a library of snowmobile sounds, thus avoiding any potential controversy.

i realize that. i dont think they would care how its spelt. they care what it is associated with and represents. it is the way it is. 😞

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

I had to do a  double take when I looked at that company name. The social justice folks up here would have a field day with Tracy if they could get their hands on him. The world is a different place than it used to be.

I must admit, I hadn't noticed at first, but now you point it out, you have a point.  😕

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Well, while we are being the marketing department, it's very close to indignant and indigent.

Now let's hear more about this new snowmobile library! Must have!

• Haha 3

I once promoted a production company called InDigEnt where all the films were made with low budgets using prosumer digital cameras, like regular people bought at the time for home movies.   This was the days before DSLRs and 4K on little cameras, so these films were grainy on the big screen. 

It literally meant Independent Digital Entertainment, but it also meant a Poverty Row type of studio.    I suppose today somebody could pretend to be offended about this.  Of course, nowadays somebody can pretend to be offended by anything.

Just now, LAGinz said:

Hmm….wonder if this will ever get ported to SampleTank, like Resonator….

I think it depends on how well The Resonator does for Tracy.  I assume he is splitting the revenue with IK, so they would have to bring in a lot more business for it to be worth his while.

My guess is that the answer might be no about porting more.  This might be an experiment on his part to let a wider world know how good his stuff is.  Like people use Audio Plugin Deals or an NKS sale with NI. 

• Like 1