Indiginus - The Fiddle

Brian Lawler

I have been wanting to try my hand at "Americana" style for a while. Now gosh-dangit, I may have to try this fiddle, even if I embarrass myself with poor fiddle playing technique. 🤣

I couldn't help noticing in the demo that @Reid Rosefeltposted, how great the steel also sounded.

Conundrum: now I want The Fiddle, The Steel, and The Resonator. 🤪

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

Nice tune, Reid. Very nice indeed.

I love The STEEL, it's one of my favorites. abacab, if you like that one, check out Delta Blues. It's a tossup as to which one I like better. The latter is especially nice through an amp sim.

I've tried to talk Tracy into doing a fretless bass, or any bass with slides. He was resistant, saying the market is already saturated with basses. But imagine a nice-sounding bass that could do glissandos like these can...mmm. 

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

30 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

I've tried to talk Tracy into doing a fretless bass, or any bass with slides. He was resistant, saying the market is already saturated with basses. But imagine a nice-sounding bass that could do glissandos like these can...mmm. 

I've already got the Ample upright bass... :)

When people talk about their favorite guitars, they always say OTS and AmpleSound, which are definitely great.  But there are things that Tracy's guitars do that they can't.  And I think that some people may think they can't be as good because they're so inexpensive.

I think all of Tracy's instruments sound so great and are so playable.  I love his harmony feature, that I've never seen on any other instrument.  It's particularly amazing on this because he does all these interesting things to make it sound like a double-stop drone.  When you go higher up, you get a higher note as the drone. 

The problem for most people is that there  are no sales.  Because I don't feel the panic of a quick sale, I have to force myself to say, "I'm buying one of these today."   I try to buy one a year.  I bought most of his guitars and Blue Street Brass.   I got to know him when I did a video of Solid State Symphony, which I had owned for years. That's why he asked me to demo The Fiddle.  He's updated it since the one I played before.

I tend to just turn the harmonies on all the time.  That's why my little tune is pretty flat next to his demos which so beautifully show all the different articulations.  The STEEL sounds better than the Fiddle on my track because you can just leave the harmony on and it sounds great.  I use a snapshot called "Cryin'"

I highly recommend this.  I've missed out on some of his intro sales by not taking advantage of them soon enough.

I don't know about a bass.  I love the auto-harmonies, so maybe some instrument that could show that off.  A 12-string?  But the way his instruments do articulations would admittedly be great with a bass. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Nice tune, Reid. Very nice indeed.

I love The STEEL, it's one of my favorites. abacab, if you like that one, check out Delta Blues. It's a tossup as to which one I like better. The latter is especially nice through an amp sim.

I already want the Delta Blues and Renaxxance.   And the Mandolin, Uke, Brio, etc

But I've been spending so much on video equipment lately that I am probably going to sell a lot of music stuff, including things I just bought like PIANO COLORS and PICKED NYLON 😥   I'm going to try not buying anything musical for awhile.  Luckily I have this one!

Renaxxance is far and away my most-used Indiginus library. But if you've already got NI's Picked Nylon that would be a somewhat redundant. But hey, if you're not a guitar player you really can't have too many guitar libs, can you? Or strings. Or pianos. Or percussion. Or...sheesh, it's never-ending. I already need to buy another disk drive, both of my 1TB sample drives are nearly full.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1