how to permanantly delete CC controllers?

sadicus

aria player piano Channel 1
aria player Horns Channel 14 (but cc 7 volume is on channel1)

Something is effecting volume on track 1 (piano)  I think it's the cc7 volume chnl 1 on track 14.
every-time the track starts, the volume sliders for the piano jump up even if they are all the way down.

Even deleting all the midi data from track 14 and the piano track volume sliders auto move.

• 20 tracks
  • track 14 has a cc 7 Volume chnl 1
  • It shows on every track in grey
  • when on track 14 I delete it, but it wont delete!
  • Also How to keep CC7 volume settings but change the CC7 to channel 14 instead of channel 1?
Edited by sadicus

This sounds to me like you've got an automation lane on track 14.

You can remove the automation like this:

remove_vol_automation.gif

If it's not automation and definitely CC's, you can select them by filter then delete:

remove_by_filter.gif

Something you should be aware of though.... regardless of what channel the data says, Cakewalk will always transmit on the channel the track is set to:

image.png.cd99b6288ba22288d2ad33637a4f1665.png

Edited by msmcleod
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

33 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

This sounds to me like you've got an automation lane on track 14.

You can remove the automation like this:

remove_vol_automation.gif

Deleting an automation lane does not delete the automation envelope.

To delete an automation envelope, right click the automation envelope and select "Delete Envelope"

Here is a video showing an automation lane being deleted and upon adding a new automation lane shows the automation envelope did not get deleted until it was deleted using the envelope context menu

5lJxhqk.gif

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

How to delete Automation on multiple MIDI tracks?

For some reason there is a Auto Volume on every midi track and wont delete! (well it deletes, but then come back)
Is the Track volume the same as the Event Volume in Piano Roll view?
When the Auto Track volume  (green line) is lowered it is linked to all the volume sliders in Kontakt in real time.

The Red Arrow shows where a volume node was lowered effecting all of the Kontakt volume sliders.
Everything to the right of the lowered volume node tshould go down then back up (V shape) but it does not.

cbb_deleteVolume.jpg

cbb_deleteVolume1.jpg

Edited by sadicus

A midi track has a volume control and fader associated to it - you can see this in the track inspector as well the volume control in the track view. The volume envelope parallels the value of the fader. The default value of a new midi track is ( I think  100 ?  or is it 107? ) which gives a little headroom - up to 127 for midi volume control. So, you have a default envelope.

• 11 months later...
37 minutes ago, Gonçalo Goucho said:

I think i may have an issue somehow close to this. When i assign TTS-1 to the midi tracks it all goes well untill i press play. Then all the changes reset. Could someone help me please?

Are you changing the initial presets in the track header--the B [Bank] and the P [Preset] widgets?  If you are just changing them in the TTS-1 UI, when you hit play, the track settings might be changing them.