PA Suhr PT100

Marc Cormier

10 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

I've got all the Amplitube stuff, and most of the Nembrini/PA models.

I really like the PA Fuchs Train II, but the Kuassa offerings are my favourites. The Matchlock is really outstanding for Fender styles. I have the Lancaster (AC30) and Clarrent (Orange) models as well, but haven't tried them yet.

This is showing how much depends on our personal taste :)

I kind of a liked Vermilion and Creme but  felt still not what I was after. After releasing matchlock I tested it and didn't like. It chopped sounds and I felt as if the amp sim was sick with whooping cough. Probably I could spend more time to adjust settings but my first impression was so strongly unpleasant I just didn't want to use it. Looking something what would impress me from the first touch.

Nembrini things tested all and while bought SLO emulation (v1,v2) I didn't use it in fact as I didn't like those harshness in their all amp sims, Again, using externals cab sims I could probably be closer sound I like but having so many alternatives (and being lazy ) I prefer something what instantly can make me happy over things requiring extra time to look for something usable.

Having such huge difference between opinion about sound we see clearly how important is company is delivering a possibility to test before buy to us ;)

I was gladly surprised by Overloud some time ago discovering they finally gave option to test their RIGs before buy. Unbelievable we were waiting for it so long but at last they got it that people rarely liked buying in blind just after watching their demo video.

• Like 4

On 9/16/2021 at 6:04 PM, Piotr said:

I like Amplitube Fenders (although mostly using A4, A5 has still some issues, loading very long and seems to be more crashy than others

I had been experiencing this too and thought it was my computer!  I guess I'm glad it isn't just me.  Maybe IK will address this soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jude77 said:

I had been experiencing this too and thought it was my computer!  I guess I'm glad it isn't just me.  Maybe IK will address this soon.

Nope, it's not definitely you :)  Unfortunately I have bad feeling about possibilities to fix it. It looks like design mistake so not easy thing to fix.

But maybe I am pessimist.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Piotr said:

This is showing how much depends on our personal taste :)

I kind of a liked Vermilion and Creme but  felt still not what I was after. After releasing matchlock I tested it and didn't like. It chopped sounds and I felt as if the amp sim was sick with whooping cough. Probably I could spend more time to adjust settings but my first impression was so strongly unpleasant I just didn't want to use it. Looking something what would impress me from the first touch.

All good points!

I've had the same kind of visceral reactions to other amp sims that I've heard sound good in others' hands. E.g., from the second I opened Guitar Rig I hated it, though I've been impressed with what others can do with it!

I think what I like with both Kuassa and Nembrini is their shift towards self-contained packages. The Nembrini one seems a bit finnicky to me, but I really like Kuassa's 360. It's not unlike Amplitube, but operates more smoothly IMO.

• Like 1