PA Suhr PT100

Marc Cormier

INTRO OFFER: $39.99

The ultimate recreation of the high end multi-channel Suhr tube amp with 3 distinct modes and an incredible wide array of tones. With the purchase of the Suhr PT100 for only $39.99, you get another very special offer: Until October 16, you can get ANY (!) of our amp plugins for just $29.99.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/suhr_pt100.html

CHECK IT OUT!

Bundle Subscription

MEGA and MUSICIAN Bundle users simply download the plugin and activate it at no extra cost. Done. Plans starting at just $10/mo*

Perpetual License

Yes, you can purchase a single, perpetual license for this plugin. List Price $149, Intro Offer Price $79.99

Your Intro Price: $39.99* with voucher code

PT100-3999

Use this code during checkout. Offer available until October 16.

Feel free to share the code with your friends.

ANY (!) Amp $29.99

Save BIG with our PA partner offer! With the purchase of the Suhr PT100 for only $39.99, you get another very special (license) offer: Until October 16, you can get ANY (!) of our amp plugins for just $29.99

Special License Offer: ANY(!) Amp $29.99*

Edited by Marc Cormier
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, Piotr said:

While I am not a big fan of PA amp sims (after grabbing much better ones from different brands) Pete's amp emulation and this one especially still looks very tempting to countless collection...

Anyway demoing doesn't hurt :)

I actually think they are the best in the business (not a fan of the ENGLs though)

I would buy this without a demo of it in a heartbeat if I had a $25 monthly voucher.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

While I am not a big fan of PA amp sims (after grabbing much better ones from different brands) Pete's amp emulation and this one especially still looks very tempting to countless collection...

Hi Piotr, completely out of interest to demo and not debating -- if you wish to share, which ones would you consider top-tier at this point?

I upgraded to AT5 and have a couple of the Neural/PA/Nembrini ones, but haven't tried things from most newer developers e.g. ML Sound Lab.

1 minute ago, mister_tea said:

Hi Brian, completely out of interest to demo and not debating -- if you wish to share, which ones would you consider top-tier at this point?

I upgraded to AT5 and have a couple of the Neural/PA/Nembrini ones, but haven't tried things from most newer developers e.g. ML Sound Lab.

Train II, and Overdrive Supreme (though this one can get some fizz in the top end on the clean side) can be setup to sound and feel surprisingly authentic.  I have experience with real tranwrecks as well as a Dumble ODS.    They are not the same, but given you can run these things at low volumes I've been impressed with the general response and tone.  

Rockergain was a surprise to me.  (I've been to the Orange HQ in GA as my friend knows the lead amp tech for America) so I've played thorugh some solid modded oranges.  I didn't expect it to be as good as it is.

If you try the Train II make sure to spend time adjusting the input gain...that has a massive impact on the versatility.   I'd likley argue that is one of the most unique offerings from the PA amp lineup as other Wreck style emulations are few and far between.  (Dr. Z-Wreck with AT5 being another one, but that doesn't have the same range on tap)

Not all the PA amp sims are equal though that is for sure.  

• Thanks 1

great, thanks for the tips... and even better I already have Train II and Rockergain from PA sales. 

(also, sorry for the confusion to people reading the last few posts, I originially replied to the wrong post, but got lots of helpful feedback anyway :))

This one is tempting with a $25 voucher.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mister_tea said:

Hi Piotr, completely out of interest to demo and not debating -- if you wish to share, which ones would you consider top-tier at this point?

I am aware perception of sound is often related to personal taste although there are some details which imho saying much about quality like lack of unwanted harshness, clarity, thoughtful gui (PA for instance has probably the worst option ever  for changing IRs, btw), possibility  to change in such way to get good tone or if it is really similar to original tone (for cases where  something is claiming it is digital version of another thing). But the latest is not so important for me as long as I like result.

I have a few personal favorites. For instance NeuralDSP Soldano SLO100 and Archetype Cory Wang, They have all things mentioned.

Vox-like sim I like the most from from NI Guitar Rig6. I like Amplitube Fenders (although mostly using A4, A5 has still some issues, loading very long and seems to be more crashy than others). Btw standalone Amplitubes have the best looper comparing to any standalone sim I ever tested. While maybe there are few things I would gladly see improved still ways ahead any competitions as helper in practice or  ideas recorder.

On the other side is THU looper, the worst thing ever made which should make Overloud embarrassed whole life...  But wait/// there is even something more embarrassing there like artificially splitting amp channels just to let their marketing lye to people how many amps they are having in their collection... So annoying and decreasing workflow... Is even 1 person on the world who is believing in primitive lie?

But to be fair, in addition to these and a few workflow nonsense they are very good sound-wise., including infamous RIG Player ;) And also STL Tones with their ToneHub (the same idea like THU Rig player) or Amphub.

There are some  underestimated like  Mercuriall SS-11X, ML5 from ML Sound Lab or  pretty ancient Revolver 4 with many nice choices.

But always it is the best to test any amp sim by yourself as there are factors which are different for different people like guitar itself, signal level, guitar technique, music type preference (for instance while I love lots of metal things I hate very scooped sound of guitars) or plugin settings...  But the latest one is imho part of quality of plugin, If you can get good tone in no time it is good, right? But if you need to waste many minutes to tweak, change IR, or whatever it is not good thing.

I can remember I have appreciated TH3 pretty late (having it free in Sonar) as most (all?) presets were so terrible I didn't believe it could sound good... But at that time I also din't realize how much different signal from guitar influence the tone. For instance if gainy preset was made using active pickups and 7 string guitar there would be a chance for it to sound terrible on single coins etc

• Like 2

True to my word, a very generious benefactor supplied a $25 voucher and I bought it without any demo whatsoever.

I fired it up after the purchase and knew within 2 minutes it was money well spent.  

The clean channel doesn't stay clean for long but has a good range of chime and grit on tap in the low/mid gain range.  Channel 2 provides excellent Plexi tone, I like the clarity and voicing better than say the BE100.  The feedback (turned up) is nice for giving a more amp like no hold barred tone.  But can be turned down to mellow things out.  Crunch, Boost, and Bring add a fair deal of versitility when coubled with the other controls.  I appreciate the Depth to allow various levels of "3Dness" when dealing with static IRs.  

The key to all of it is realism in both tone and response to playing.  I'm placing it as standing among some of the better PA Amp sims and a fair amount of versatility too considering you don't expect that out of a "marshall" style amp.  (though the clean channel is suposed to be in more the american vein though I'd say you woudl have to turn the input gain quite low to get the clean level of headroom I associate with "clean american" amps) .  

Primary critique would likley be the noise floor is a little on the high side.  Of course you get this in a real recording scenario, but always makes me wonder if it isn't possible to get rid of more of it in the digital realm with these simulations.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A nice feature is that you can bypass the preamp and or power amp and it has a power soak. I have an old VG-99. It has lousy speaker emulation, you had to eq speaker response to get a decent sound. Putting the VG-99 through the Suhr PT-100 with the preamp disabled is nice. Unfortunately it doesn't look like you can load IRs. I think this will be good doing the same thing with an old MP-1 preamp as well. 

48 minutes ago, rsinger said:

A nice feature is that you can bypass the preamp and or power amp and it has a power soak. I have an old VG-99. It has lousy speaker emulation, you had to eq speaker response to get a decent sound. Putting the VG-99 through the Suhr PT-100 with the preamp disabled is nice. Unfortunately it doesn't look like you can load IRs. I think this will be good doing the same thing with an old MP-1 preamp as well. 

You can't load IRs direclty into it, but there are free IR loaders out there and there is a convienient bybass the built in IRs button.

Picked this up for $15 net after this month’s $25 voucher.

After completing all of AmpliTube 5 collections via the GB and getting a taste of boutique amps (Nembrini Extasy), I want to try out more boutique amps.  Maybe I’ll pick up two $29 amps next month with the monthly $25 voucher.  Thinking the two Fuchs.

On 9/17/2021 at 2:54 AM, mister_tea said:

I've got all the Amplitube stuff, and most of the Nembrini/PA models.

I really like the PA Fuchs Train II, but the Kuassa offerings are my favourites. The Matchlock is really outstanding for Fender styles. I have the Lancaster (AC30) and Clarrent (Orange) models as well, but haven't tried them yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1