Baby's Got Red Eyes

freddy j

This is intentionally a very simple, basic song.  It is a little story about a girl who has been hearing rumours that her boy has been cheating on her.  The song is his response.  Ya, I know, this is a common theme in many songs.  It is done up in a style that might be described as Bluesabilly meets mid 1960's Bubblegum.  Ya, I know -- bad idea.  Clocking in at 2:49 it is a brief listen compared to my previous posting of almost 8:00.

Anyway, it is just for fun and I certainly had fun putting it together.

As always, I would appreciate any feedback as I am still learning this stuff.  THANKS!

BABY'S  GOT  RED  EYES

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandid=963481

• Like 2

Your guitar playing is always so clear, which I appreciate.   The lyrics are fun and I was wondering why her eyes were red until you explained she'd been crying.  I was worried she'd been imbibing.  Better to cry than imbibe.  I liked the cubanesque piece that followed this one as well.  I miss those hot nights. :D

Hi Jack C.  Thanks for being the first to respond.  I appreciate your comments!!

Hi tom.  Thank you.  I always appreciate your suggestions.  I've written them down and will pull them out when I get back to work on this one again!

Hey Make. Thank you very much.  I appreciate your taking time to listen and comment.

Hey Lynn.  I was going for the late '50's/early '60's sound of the 4 to 5 piece combo that would breeze through town on a road tour.  Thanks for the encouragement!

Hi Bjorn.  Thank you very much.  I was having too much fun doing the song to pay attention as to whether it was decent or not. I'm glad that it worked out to be at least adequate.  BTW, I enjoyed your recent post.

Thanks David.  I appreciate your taking the time to listen and comment.  It indeed was fun to do.  Thanks for listening to Global Climate change also!

High Paul.  "...green with envy" good one!! I love puns!  Thanks for you kind comments and for listening.  BTW, love your recent post.

• Like 1