New plugin list looks wrong

jono grant

14 hours ago, jono grant said:

After recent cakewalk update, when I go to insert a plugin, the list is all weird looking, the menus aren't defined and it was redesigned poorly. Is this being corrected on a new update perhaps?

Annoying change...

I'm afraid this IS the update.  You can always use the faster/easier method of inserting plugins using the Browser as I tried to explain previously - see thread below

You can have the browser docked either side or floating so when you hit B it pops up   ( i..e mid screen ) and you can quickly browse-search-drag-drop 

The old right click insert method goes way back to when most of us only had few plugins and is a bit unwieldy now people have hundreds and the Browser is a more elegant solution.

Edited by Mark MoreThan-Shaw
  • Like 2

What I mean is that when you expand a manufacturers plug list, it gets all melted in with the other manufacturer entries. Here's a picture (below)

*Shown here, the Antares menu is expanded, but the plug list look like they're part of the continued list on the right. They used to have graphic separators for each plug. It looks like a graphics glitch in the update is what I mean. It's confusing. 

Is no one seeing this?

Thanks

plug menu.jpg

56 minutes ago, jono grant said:

What I mean is that when you expand a manufacturers plug list, it gets all melted in with the other manufacturer entries. Here's a picture (below)

Is no one seeing this?

I used to have this problem, but now there is a border around the expanded box.  Not sure if that was a change to an Early Release or the last official release. It was added recently.  What version are you using?

EDIT: Yes, @Starship Krupa--that's the border that was added either the last general release or beginning with one of the 2021.09 Early Access releases.  Thanks for posting the image before I had a chance to grab it.

UPDATE:  @jono grantMy comment on the addition of the border was based on 2021.09 EA build 099. It is also there in the current EA build. 

Edited by User 905133
various edits

5 hours ago, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

I don't usually use the by Manufacturer layout as I prefer my own custom Categories but I just tried it by Manufacturer and it's fine here. I don't have any Antares plugins though. 

I use my own custom made layouts made in Plug-in Manager too - one list for VST and other for VSTi. I group them by manufacturer and include only VST3 versions if available. Then its very fast to use those lists in right-click menu too. I dont know if this helps, just my experience.

3.thumb.jpg.cffda1369ee231d4bd68825cc863e7b7.jpg1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Darlicht
additional info
  • Like 1