EastWest Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition on sale

Yan Filiatrault

Well, I can tell you that the most recent "Upgrade" scenario left me quite perturbed...
As a HO Diamond owner, upon the release of HO Diamond Opus, they wanted $600
to get it....AND, while they made ALL the old instruments accessible to Opus, 
HO Diamond was EXCLUDED, as a way to FORCE you to "upgrade", which is
QUITE PATHETIC IMO!

Rather than offer HO Diamond owners a decent upgrade price, they basically said
SCREW YOU GUYS....I'M GOIN' HOME!!!  It hasn't been until recently that they
have even offered an upgrade...which is STILL $300...but they did make Opus 
FREE with any purchase eventually, but you still don't get the "Orchestrator" 
with it...

Not good business at all IMO!

• Sad 3

It's weird. Back in the day when I was studying for my BBA degree, one of the things that was emphasized is that it's always easier and cheaper to keep a client than to acquire a new one. I think they showed us some numbers and it cost like ten times as much to get a new client, depending on the industry.

I wonder if that's changed with modern CRM and marketing tools, or if there is just a huge number of businesses that haven't done the math, but it feels like customer loyalty is rarely rewarded these days.

2 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

It's weird. Back in the day when I was studying for my BBA degree, one of the things that was emphasized is that it's always easier and cheaper to keep a client than to acquire a new one. I think they showed us some numbers and it cost like ten times as much to get a new client, depending on the industry.

I wonder if that's changed with modern CRM and marketing tools, or if there is just a huge number of businesses that haven't done the math, but it feels like customer loyalty is rarely rewarded these days.

It's the LATTER, not the former...most "educated" people coming out of college are 
"indoctrinated" rather than "educated".  Common sense ALONE tells you that it's
an imperative, as a business owner, to keep your current clients content, but sadly, these 25 year
olds with "degrees" believe that they KNOW IT ALL because they now have a degree!
Some of the ABSOLUTE DUMBEST people on the planet "have degrees"! 

An education, without COMMON SENSE, is like a toilet without water...at first it looks great, but after
a short time the crap starts to pile up...and it's a MESS, and it STINKS!

Better stated "Knowledge and Wisdom are two entirely separate entities"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

Sounds like a great topic for the coffee house.

Oddly enough the ones I see rewarding users are ones that have free lifetime updates.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 10:15 AM, Brian Lawler said:

@TheSteven When you have Opus squared away, go to the Brass / Tuba Solo and load the keyswitched patch.  I discovered that I had some incorrect and missing samples on my SSD that EW quickly resolved (sent me a file link).  I thought I was "fixing" the problem by pointing Opus to the directory, but it kept occurring.  Turns out if Opus can't find the samples, it just skips them after the retry, but it does write errors to a log file.  Support said there should have been a patch in the installer, but I didn't find one.

Hi Brian - thanks for the heads up.
I had same issue. Turns out that all of the Tuba Solo patches had that issue where none of the patches had the samples correctly mapped
and EW tech support fixed me up with a zip file and instructions on stuff to delete & replace.

Note - my favorite tool for file comparison & replacement is BeyondCompare.  You can compare or sync files/folders/drives (and preserve the original time /date stamps when copying or moving folders) and even compare folder/files against zips & rars. 
The Pro version goes for around $60 but for anyone managing a Windows computer it's one of best investments you'll make - I use it almost daily.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 1