White Elephant

David Sprouse

On 9/15/2021 at 11:24 AM, freddy j said:

I too like this one.  There is a lot going on but the central theme brings it back home to briefly settle for another aural adventure in this song.  Nice!!

Oh ya, what are those horns?

These are good old session horns from native instruments.  Thanks for listening I value your insight.

On 9/15/2021 at 7:33 AM, KurtS said:

I like this one, quite a toe tapper. What are those horns? They sound really good.

Glad you like Kurt. 👍

Fun stuff David ! . . . liking the driving drums a lot in this one, great dynamics they have. I have the NI Session Horns as well, but can't make them sound like this :)

. . . it's like jazz goes to the circus, with that sad clown face watching me as I listen . . . and that horse sound, I've heard you use that before, is that a sample, or you have  horses on your farm ? . . . it really helps add to the sense of fun I get listening to this . . . hmmm, maybe add some Vibraslap to put this over the top ?

On 9/26/2021 at 4:13 PM, noynekker said:

Fun stuff David ! . . . liking the driving drums a lot in this one, great dynamics they have. I have the NI Session Horns as well, but can't make them sound like this :)

. . . it's like jazz goes to the circus, with that sad clown face watching me as I listen . . . and that horse sound, I've heard you use that before, is that a sample, or you have  horses on your farm ? . . . it really helps add to the sense of fun I get listening to this . . . hmmm, maybe add some Vibraslap to put this over the top ?

yes, we think alike re the vibraslap!  Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to listen.

On 9/26/2021 at 1:05 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

Loved it. Jazz carnies at their most unpredictable telling a hepcat story. Everytime I click on a song of yours - no clue what's behind door # three. Love that.

cheers,

-Tom

Used to live in Sarasota which was the winter home of the ringling circus...must have rubbed off on me.  Thanks for listening, tom.

On 9/26/2021 at 2:08 PM, Old Joad said:

I love this very cool🤯

Thank you old joad!

Edited by David Sprouse

On 10/3/2021 at 4:59 AM, Jesse Screed said:

figuratively speaking you are a kaleidoscope , literally you are an image of universal creative potentiality

Jacques Lacan:  kaleidoscopic erudition.

On 10/3/2021 at 6:05 AM, Makke said:

Nice instrumental with jolly mood. Good composition and arrangement. Enjouable sounds. 👍

thanks, glad you could enjoy it.

On 10/5/2021 at 10:22 AM, Larry T. said:

Well done....the intro, to me anyway, invokes the sweet's "ballroom blitz"....the arrangements of the horns are killer....enjoyed it 🎶🎺🎷🎹

Sweet were the first concert I ever went alone to (without parents)  they were touring with Eric Carmen.  

On 10/4/2021 at 10:36 PM, bjornpdx said:

Kind of an elephant sounding horn in there.
I like the energetic drums where you stick in lots of musical bits.
Very creative, David!
-Bjorn

thanks bjorn.  Time to get out the umbrella :(

• Like 1