Move It On Over - Hank Williams Cover

Eric Parsons

This was a really fun song to put together.  I enlisted the help of my brother, Mark Parsons, on drums and friend, Peter Morgan on lead guitar and pedal steel.

I'm doing the rest.

Any feedback on production, mixing, etc, is encouraged!

https://soundcloud.com/tagruvto/move-it-on-over-9-14-master

Edited by Eric Parsons
  • Like 4

On 9/15/2021 at 6:28 AM, jack c. said:

one of me favorite songs and ole hank!!!!!!!!nice all around superb job.jack .bring down guitar/pedal on their rides only a tad.

Hey Jack - thanks for the kind words.   I appreciate the input too, but not completely sure of the term "rides" - do you mean when I'm riding the fader?

6 hours ago, Steev said:

Excellent revision of one of my all time favorite boogie tunes that I almost completely forgot about. Much thanks & respect for doing such a fine job of dusting the cobwebs from my brain pan. 😍

Thanks Steev - It's such a fun song to play too.  Always brings a smile to my face 😀

I'm not a CW fan at all, but I do like some of the 40's and 50's songs because they're strong on melody. Hank Williams especially had a talent for writing engaging melodic songs. Had no idea this one was one of his. Maybe the voc track could be raised a bit  here (just my opinion) but you guys did a great job! Liking it a lot.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 2:35 PM, bjornpdx said:

. Maybe the voc track could be raised a bit  here (just my opinion) but you guys did a great job! Liking it a lot.
-Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn - funny that you mention the vocal track volume.  That was the trickiest challenge.  Some thought it was too loud and others too quiet.🤣