WUP Sale 25% off

Brian Lawler

45 minutes ago, Grem said:

From Waves website:

1 year of Waves Update Plan coverage is capped at $240 for all non-identical products.

Your Waves Update Plan exceeds the $240 cap due to either selecting multiple identical licenses, or the coverage you’re about to purchase is for more than 1 year for some of the selected licenses.

I have duplicate licenses.  Some of them are bundles.  Their stuff is great but I'm not going to feed them anymore until they change their licensing.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Their stuff is great but I'm not going to feed them anymore

Agreed!! I never WUP'd until recently. And I really can't see me doing it again.

Unless it gets down to that $29 majik mark!!

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

The only thing Waves that I really care about is the Abbey Road Collection, and a few of their synths, Codex, Elements, and Flow Motion. I don't see any WUP in their near future, as the v12 seems pretty complete to me as is. But if Waves offers some compelling feature updates, maybe someday, but until then I will pass on WUP...

1 hour ago, Paul Young said:

I have duplicate licenses.  Some of them are bundles.  Their stuff is great but I'm not going to feed them anymore until they change their licensing.  

Same here. Lots of duplicates that take me beyond WUP domination. And an Abbey Road Collection serial I’ll only register when Waves goes M1 native. 

18 minutes ago, abacab said:

As far as effects go, I have some great alternatives to Waves, except for the Abbey Road Collection. There is some seriously cool stuff in there that is not really duplicated elsewhere, IMO. Oh yeah, and Scheps Omni Channel. :)

Switched to PA’s Lindell 80 (and the SSL native bungle). Bye bye WUPpeedoodah. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, abacab said:

the Abbey Road Collection. There is some seriously cool stuff in there

Agree 100%

Under the radar plugins

Waves Tune

Waves Tune Real Time

Greg Wells  stuff

C1 comp

F6 EQ

All the Renn stuff

All the H stuff

Edited by Grem

Just now, Fleer said:

But they’re all out if WUP. And I sure ain’t woopin. 

I am with ya on this one.I decided to do it once and get up to date and that should carry me for a good while.

The give a free Mix Rack that's really nice too. It has an option to split any signal into different frequencies and route how you want to the plugins in the rack. It really is nice. You don't hear much about it at all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grem said:

Agree 100%

Under the radar plugins

Waves Tune

Waves Tune Real Time

Greg Wells  stuff

C1 comp

F6 EQ

All the Renn stuff

All the H stuff

My Waves guilty pleasure plugins:

Sibilance

Manny Marroquin series (especially the EQ)

CLA-Drums

Scheps Omni and 73

API 2500

Renn Vox

I just picked up Renn Bass with Groove3 so it will at least get used once.

I keep thinking I need to try the Studio Rack...

Ain't n WUPing in site tho...  :)

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Grem said:

Agree 100%

Under the radar plugins

Waves Tune

Waves Tune Real Time

Greg Wells  stuff

C1 comp

F6 EQ

All the Renn stuff

All the H stuff

I have the H stuff as well, but haven't even looked at it since getting T-RackS MAX. And Mixbox.

Ah, the ongoing WUP arguments Estd. 1994.

It's all in how you rationalize the math. I haven't purchased a WUP in 3 years, I can upgrade Mercury for $160.00..Say I only use half of the 180 plugins in the bundle, so 60 plugins costs roughly $2.70 each to upgrade. I haven't purchased a WUP in 3 years so I could look at that as .89c each. (Plus whatever new plugins were added to the bundle in 3 years)

I'll probably wait another year or two since I only use a few Waves plugins these days & they don't need to be upgraded to function in my older or current projects.

By then WUP might be a thing of the past (although whatever they do to replace it might be worse,  not worried either way tbh..)

The key is to wait and go for big bundles , my mercury is V9 , V12 introduced a lot of great features and new plugins .. but it's windows 10 onlys os i 'll still wait but unless you have interesset in updateing (plugin resize is one of them for me) , no need to do so ...(for windows guyz)

• Like 1

I also wish Waves would do away with their plugin "shell" method. It is annoying to have to wait for a full scan anytime Waves updates or adds a single plugin. And while they are at it, how about granting 2 licenses per plugin, like most other companies, huh?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hsm said:

they don't need to be upgraded to function in my older or current projects.

This is why I don't mind WUP. I can take it or leave it and my projects still work.

2 hours ago, hsm said:

WUP might be a thing of the past (although whatever they do to replace it might be worse

100% agree with this.

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

But then you’re on Windows for life

There, fixed that for ya!! :) 

• Haha 2