Browser tab icon suggestion

Starship Krupa

To me, it looks cramped and unbalanced to have the icons on the Browser tabs jammed up against the left edges, as seen here (I'm showing it with a couple of them in narrow mode, but it applies to all of the tab widths):

image.png.36304195866b659f04779be07f63a8a2.png

Notice how there's plenty of real estate available to the right of the icons? To the point where they're almost touching the left edge.

This is especially true for themes derived from Tungsten, as Tungsten doesn't have that vertical line separating the icon/text from the expand arrow.

What I've taken to doing is moving the icons to the right by several pixels so that they're more centered.

As seen here (using Midnight Blue as an example):

image.png.e6da6d4fbf6993c88817ce462ac12f4f.png

If you have the images open in an editor anyway, try it.

• Like 1

I never noticed that unselected tabs seem to be unbalanced because the icon and labels are left-justified.  Maybe its because when the tab is selected the drop-down arrow makes it centered.  (I tend to focus on the tab I am using at the moment.)

image.png.43ae0bdab37531b2528aa8b2ed9eb8b7.png         image.png.812e96b29b21a566245c311c3111febd.png

If it is an issue, maybe the tab widths should have auto-resizing when the browser is elongated?

image.png.8f7825ec67a51550f81bff45605ec187.png

Actually, now that I am spending the time fixating on it the smaller size of the "Notes" font is really annoying.

Shoot.  I cannot get over that now that I see it.  😞 It is so obviously smaller.  The UIX is ruined for me!!!!  :P 

"Ignorance is bliss." 

Edited by User 905133
to add "is" between "browser" and "elongated"
  • Haha 1