The Si Drums only play a few beats when I pull into a project

Darick

Question

So im new to cakewalk.  Seems like a good program.  I was watching a youtube video tutorial about basics.  They made a new track using the si drum plugin.  They found a drum clip they like and just pulled it over to the track and it worked great for them.  I pull it into the track and when I push play to hear how it sounds with my guitar recording it only plays like two drums then stops.  I see the whole clip there but it only plays two or three drums.  how can i just get it to play all the way through.  Sorry if im not using the right terms and jargon for this.  any help would be great.

11 answers to this question

image.thumb.png.231158c3fc6eda42b1bc8e7f05f900ca.png

so here is a screen shot.  I don't know if this helps.  The line that shows vertical line that moves when you play the track stopped before the end of the track.  It only played a few beats and then it stopped.  Not sure how to get it to play the whole track.  it sounds good with the guitar i had laid down.  I got so frustrated that I just closed the whole thing and figured I would see if I could get some help.  Let me know your thoughts.

Edited by Darick

So the actual transport stops at measure 3?  Or does it keep going? 
There is only 2 measures of midi data so that is all you will hear.

You need to drag the clip out to as long as you need. I’m being very basic here as all this is covered in tutorials and the documentation and it’s important for new users to spend a little time learning how things work first. 

In the Help menu at the top is a link to the documentation and in the header is a link to the official Videos. They are sadly outdated but most of the basic cakewalk stuff is still valid 

• Like 1

Or does it stop where the 'Now' line is in your image?
What happens if you drag the clip to the 2nd or 3rd measure instead of the first?
What sound card or audio interface are you using? 
Is it a Simple Instrument Track? I think it must be since there is only one track.
Try inserting the SI Drums synth not as a Simple Instrument Track but with a MIDI track and a soft synth track. Drag the clip into the MIDI track.

I just tried what you're doing; a simple instrument track with SI Drums and the "Clean" clip dragged in from SI Drum's browser. On a pretty off-the-shelf HP computer from 10 years ago using the onboard RealTek sound chip. No problems at all.
I also did the separate audio and MIDI tracks, also no problems.

Welcome to the forum.

(John Vere ) The transport line does not go to measure three.  That is my dilemma.  It only goes a quarter notes worth of distance.  I understand if I want the track to play for my whole song I would have to copy more in.  It does not even play one who clip.  

Equipment I have

Asus laptop for gaming it seems to handle the work fine.

Digidesign Mbox 2 mini for my recording and monitor stuff

Axiom 25 gen 2 midi keyboard

(57gregy)  You are correct that it stops in my now line.  It does not matter where i start the transport line on the clip.  it only plays a high hat and a drum and that is it.  I tried to make a midi line and not sure if i did it right but it is not a instrument track and it still does the same thing.1740998740_Cakewalkdrum1.thumb.PNG.3f7e3ab1be79c12d3fb0acd25b16b45d.PNG

1816401729_Drumtwo.thumb.PNG.2239a565e5fde48870c2bf2aa1adbae7.PNG

So i have discovered that my transport only moves that far any time I hit the play button.  I was recording some guitar tracks and the transport never really moved down the track showing me that I'm recording any guitar.  When I stop the recording it does play back what i played but the transport does not move along with it.  I was wondering why it did not move with my music.  I bet whatever is causing it to only move a little and stop would fix the whole thing.

3 hours ago, Darick said:

So i have discovered that my transport only moves that far any time I hit the play button.  I was recording some guitar tracks and the transport never really moved down the track showing me that I'm recording any guitar.  When I stop the recording it does play back what i played but the transport does not move along with it.  I was wondering why it did not move with my music.  I bet whatever is causing it to only move a little and stop would fix the whole thing.

That suggest something happend with the settings when you set it up for recording.

But why something is telling the transport to stop after one beat is the question.

This is obvious but did you try opening a new Basic Template,  enable the metronome during playback and  hit the space bar.  The transport should carry on.  

Otherwise, The only thing I can surmise is a corrupted project. I can even see you don't have loop recording enabled. I have never seen the transport not move. It's normally sort of mindless and will move for days until you tell it to stop. 

WOOT!!!  The other forum post had the problem too and I found the fix there.  it was that settings thing that needed to be changed.  If you could see me I'm doing the happy dance🤩.  Thanks Guys for helping me out with this issue.  I really appreciate you taking the time to write some stuff back and help me figure it out.