Plugin Load Error Message

NOLAGuy

Native Instruments has a free plugin called Freak. I used the Native Instruments Installer application to download the plugin, register it, and do the install, which complteted successfully. However, when using the CW (latest update/version) Utility to rescan for new plugins, I got the "Main Call" error as shown in the screenprint. I did a reload of the plugin using the NI Installer, but same result. None of the first three possible reasons listed in the error seem to apply, although there could obviously be something in this plugin that CW doesn't like. I did try the option to Enable the plugin, but when I tried to use it in a CW project, it aborted CW.

Checking if anyone has also downloaded the Freak plugin and successfully is using it in CW?  This is only an attempt to see if any value to this free plugin, so not worth a support request.

CW Freak Plugin error.jpg

Edited by NOLAGuy
change

1 hour ago, scook said:

I just downloaded and installed Freak v1.1.0

It scanned and works OK in CbB 2021.09 build 123 on Win10 Pro 21H1 build 19043.1165

That's interesting that CW is not flagging it. I definitely downloaded latest version of Freak, since the NI Installer only downloades the current version..

UPDATE: Now running CbB 2021.09 Build 120 on Win10 Home 21H1, and CW as Administor. Deleted references to NI Freak on the system and used Native Access Installer to reinstall Freak. Rescanned Plugins using Utility option in CW. And same error message as before. So something odd with my CW setup I would guess. Unless you find Freak to be of some value, I'll call it quits on pursuing getting it to work. Many thanks for testing it on your system, which limits the issue to my configuration.

Edited by NOLAGuy
update info