"As It Is" Original

Johnbee58

This song starts with the question, "Why do I do this? What's the point?" There are other easier hobbies I could explore that wouldn't be quite so nerve-racking but when I reach the end of the long process it suddenly becomes worth it. The last part of the song, I guess, reveals the reason.

Featuring Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, UVI Orchestral Suite, Trilian Bass Module, NI Session Strings Pro 2.

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14308700

Hope you enjoy.

🙂 John B

• Like 1

John . . . very smooth and musical arrangement on this one, enjoyed it very much !

If I'm thinking "pop song" . . . the 1 minute musical intro may be a bit long, as it seems to imply an entrance of the vocals more than a few times, before they arrive, and then again before the second verse arrives . . . but you probably aren't thinking 4 minute "pop song" ? . . . so I appreciate it more as a longer art piece. The drums and percussion parts jump out and really shine in this one, and that Trilian Bass guitar sounds good also, very distinctive to your style. Always an intelligent and very musical listen John.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, noynekker said:

John . . . very smooth and musical arrangement on this one, enjoyed it very much !

If I'm thinking "pop song" . . . the 1 minute musical intro may be a bit long, as it seems to imply an entrance of the vocals more than a few times, before they arrive, and then again before the second verse arrives . . . but you probably aren't thinking 4 minute "pop song" ? . . . so I appreciate it more as a longer art piece. The drums and percussion parts jump out and really shine in this one, and that Trilian Bass guitar sounds good also, very distinctive to your style. Always an intelligent and very musical listen John.

Thanks @noynekker. And thanks also for pointing that out.  It most certainly is not a pop song.  I have to change that designation in SC.

😃John B

John, I listened to this the other day, but didn't have time to comment.  I see that you may have removed this, but I was able to track it down and enjoy it again!  The sophistication in your songs has grown exponentially since I've known you.  You even inspired me to buy EZ Keys, for which I am grateful.  As good as you are, you should take comfort in your art because it gives comfort to others!  Your last several songs are tremendous, and I hope you keep it up as long as you can.