Love Is All Around - cover

Steve Moddelmog

I need some ears for mixing critique on a very important project. My daughter is getting married in 4 weeks. She asked me to record myself playing Love Is All Around on guitar and wants me to walk her down the aisle to it. I accidentally ran it through an Ozone preset twice. I sent that version to her (one of many takes), and she said it was perfect. Now I'm wondering if it sounds over-processed - it definitely sounds different from a "corrected" version. I have some moderate hearing loss, so I'm no judge as to what really sounds "better." Does it sound ok?  No need to listen past a minute or so - it's looped so the DJ can fade it when we get to the officiant and groom.

2 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

I'll second the other opinions.  Sounds good to me.
Don't think running the same Ozone preset a second time would change much anyway.
Quite an honor to have your recorded guitar in the wedding.

Yeah.  She seems genuinely happy with it.  Didn't want to embarrass her.

🙂

I think you have done your daughter proud,,,,  I would be honoured if my daughter asked me to compose something for her wedding.
She has talked about me singing at her wedding...  but I think I would just cry my eyes out.

Wishing you all a fantastc day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, garybrun said:

🙂

I think you have done your daughter proud,,,,  I would be honoured if my daughter asked me to compose something for her wedding.
She has talked about me singing at her wedding...  but I think I would just cry my eyes out.

Wishing you all a fantastc day.

Thanks.  I will be crying my eyes out, even though my wife has sternly instructed me not to blubber.