In just a few short days...

Bapu

On 9/11/2021 at 7:29 PM, bitflipper said:

Grammar Police just stopping by for a "wellness check"...I think you meant to say "this will arrive".

Unless, of course, it's walking to your house of its own volition.

OTOH, it could be just the gear-envy talking. The last thing I looked forward to arriving was an XLR cable.

To be fair, it was a 50-footer.

EDIT

Entire post cut because it wasn't as funny over cornflakes as it had been on the far side of two bottles of wine....

Edited by Mark Bastable

52 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Friday 17 Sept 2021 UPS reports it's "Out For Delivery"

If I told you what happened with my Fender Acoustisonic you wouldn't believe me. You'd think I was making it up. Let's just say, in the end, I never got one and I give up trying. Maybe some day I'll wander in to a mom and pop shop and there'll be one on the rack.

I'm glad your bass is on it's way to you. 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

If I told you what happened with my Fender Acoustisonic you wouldn't believe me. You'd think I was making it up. Let's just say, in the end, I never got one and I give up trying. Maybe some day I'll wander in to a mom and pop shop and there'll be one on the rack.

I'm glad your bass is on it's way to you. 👍🏻

hey Shane,  hope it helps

really the thing sounds like a bloody vst (from 25 years ago)

• Haha 1

IT. IS. AAAAA-LIIIIIIIIIIVE.

And she's a beauty. Not a scratch to be found anywhere. Case is in perfect shape too.

It came with an Ernie Ball strap locking system already on a strap.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sheens said:

really the thing sounds like a bloody vst (from 25 years ago)

LOL! 🤣

It's definitely made for a very specific purpose. You really shouldn't run it through a guitar amp unless it's something like the Mustang modelling amp where you can turn off all the amp modelling and run it as if it were a PA. All of the room, mic, and amplification emulation has already been done. It's really made for DI recording or playing live through a PA.

I was hoping to have to avoid screwing with mic and room placement when recording my acoustic. I don't have a decent room and always used the output from it to go DI and it sounds exactly like Willie Nelson's signature sound. I swear they designed this guitar to sound exactly like his. It's great for Willie, not so much for me. 😁

21 minutes ago, Bapu said:

IT. IS. AAAAA-LIIIIIIIIIIVE.

And she's a beauty. Not a scratch to be found anywhere. Case is in perfect shape too.

It came with an Ernie Ball strap locking system already on a strap.

Awesome! Pics, tracks! Hurry! 😁

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

LOL! 🤣

It's definitely made for a very specific purpose. You really shouldn't run it through a guitar amp unless it's something like the Mustang modelling amp where you can turn off all the amp modelling and run it as if it were a PA. All of the room, mic, and amplification emulation has already been done. It's really made for DI recording or playing live through a PA.

I was hoping to have to avoid screwing with mic and room placement when recording my acoustic. I don't have a decent room and always used the output from it to go DI and it sounds exactly like Willie Nelson's signature sound. I swear they designed this guitar to sound exactly like his. It's great for Willie, not so much for me. 😁

Awesome! Pics, tracks! Hurry! 😁

I have a 850 bugs Yamaha AC3R,  sounds like a 90's VST on D.I.  just awful compared to a real acoustic sound.

sounds nice acoustic, more for picking than strumming imo (wide neck, shorter scale).

you don't know but you're lucky the Fender didn't show up.

Edited by Sheens