Project not working right in Bandlab Cakewalk but fine in SPLAT

My daughter got engaged a year ago and asked me to record myself playing Love Is All Around to walk her down the aisle to.  I've worked on it here and there, and now the time is upon us - wedding in 4 weeks. The project has gotten a little squirrely over the past year - for a while any editing in Bandlab Cakewalk was impossible - the project would be frozen when I opened it.  I discovered that I could still edit it just fine in SPLAT.  Also, when I opened it in Cakewalk, PRV for the drum track would showing, even though that's not how the project was saved and not how it opened in SPLAT.  About a month ago, I found I could open and edit in Cakewalk again, though it still always showed the drum track PRV when I opened it.  Now today I tried to add a track, and the track view scroll bar froze and "filled up."  CTRL-z would delete the added track and return scrolling to normal, but every time I try to add a track now, the same thing happens.  And once again, no editing is possible.  I've confirmed that it still works fine in SPLAT.  What couldbe going on?

16 hours ago, smoddelm said:

What couldbe going on?

its just a good old fashion project corruption, if all other projects play fine in both SPLAT and Cbl,

If all other projects do the same, then uninstall Cbl and re-install it and see if it works

Edited by CJ Jacobson

3 hours ago, CJ Jacobson said:

its just a good old fashion project corruption, if all other projects play fine in both SPLAT and Cbl,

If all other projects do the same, then uninstall Cbl and re-install it and see if it works

It's the only project with the issue. And it works fine in SPLAT, just not Bandlab Cakewalk, so how could the problem be project corruption?

46 minutes ago, smoddelm said:

It's the only project with the issue. And it works fine in SPLAT, just not Bandlab Cakewalk, so how could the problem be project corruption?

if that is the case and it is the case, then there is something that is corrupt in that project that doesn't jive with CBL. 

12 hours ago, smoddelm said:

Corruption could be a strong word but if it's  the only project with an issue, I can't see how it can be anything other than a problem within the project itself rather than Cakewalk. Have you tried isolating any possible glitches in the project? For example, it may be a plug-in or plug-in setting that's causing the problem. Go through the tracks archiving them one at a time to see if this cures it.

5 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

fwiw, i'd get the track finished in splat iiwy ;)

I seem to have no choice.  Which is fine, just driving me a little crazy, and gives me slightly less confidence in Bandlab Cakewalk - that a version that has supposedly fixed many bugs since the last SPLAT has a bug that is not in SPLAT.

6 hours ago, whistlekiller said:

Corruption could be a strong word but if it's  the only project with an issue, I can't see how it can be anything other than a problem within the project itself rather than Cakewalk. Have you tried isolating any possible glitches in the project? For example, it may be a plug-in or plug-in setting that's causing the problem. Go through the tracks archiving them one at a time to see if this cures it.

I did two things and the project is working in Bandlab Cakewalk again:  (i) closed PRV that the project would always open to in Bandlab CW and then re-saved the lens, and (2) opened the project in SPLAT and deleted one take lane that was muted and not going to be used. 

30 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@smoddelm if you have a copy of the problem project could you send us a link to download it and take a look?

I got it to work by opening in SPLAT, deleting a take that wasn't used, and saving it.  But I do have a backup of it in the "problem state."  Do you want to take a look at it?