Console view and audio problems

John Kinkead

Hi All,

I've been running Sonar for a few years since the old Cakewalk days and have installed the new Cakewalk.

The main system seems to running ok, but I am getting some audio artifacts, like a buzzing or repeating type of sound sometimes and my leds on the console view intermittingly don't light up even though audio is going the the channels.

Also, the balance knob on the console does not work at all.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I am running Win 10 64 bit along with a Delta 1010 and a Delta 44 for 12 inputs. 

TIA,

John

You're not gonna like hearing this, but you're probably gonna have to pry your wallet open.

First off, both of those interfaces are legacy products for which W10 drivers are not available.

Strike one.

For best performance, you need to be using ASIO drivers. ASIO generally only allows one audio device at a time. There are a few companies whose drivers allow you to use multiple  interfaces because they present them to Windows as one. As far as I know, it is only high end stuff that does this  but they must be from the same manufacturer and share the same clock. M Audio isn't one of them. 

Strike two.

Someone will probably come along suggesting various workarounds and Kludges. And you could spend days back-and-forthing and fiddle-farting around trying to get it to work or you could just make a call to Sweetwater....

To me, it wouldn't be worth the trouble. I like to do stuff the easy way.