Barbershop Quartet Recording (4 vocals)

I'm trying to set up a recording system to do 4 voices
   (or maybe 2 voices and 2 ukuleles) to create learning tracks or semi-decent recordings
   to share with friends for under $1,000(i'd like to do it for under $500 but that's ridiculous)

My current thought is:
 - Cakewalk (or something) for the DAW - thought i saw that melodyne was available in cakewalk?
         Using a Dell Inspiron 7791 - Intel i7  1.8GHz 16GB RAM
 - a Behringer UMC404HD USB Audio Interface - seems like a good low price solution
 - 4 Shure SM58 mics - I realize a condenser mic would be better,
         but maybe in a smaller setting I can get better channel separation
         the mics would be usable with my PA (I'm always borrowing mics)
         a good set of condenser mics would blow the budget
 - 4 stands and cables

Does this seem like a hardware/software combination that will work -- any suggestions would be appreciated

I'd suggest one or two high-quality multi-pattern condenser microphones if Barbershop is your main thing. Much of the texture of vocal ensembles comes from the mixing of voices, in much the same way that double-tracking fattens rock vocals. Separation isn't a concern. In fact, you'll get better results without it.  Look at photos of the Beach Boys in the studio, or the Beatles performing Because - one mic. In terms of cost, two decent condensers won't be a whole lot more than four 58s. And they'll sound a lot better on your uke.

• Great Idea 2