Cakewalk .ins instrument files for Roland Alpha Juno-2 and Sound Canvas SC-55 (and drumsets)

Randy Wolf

I'm putting my gear together again now that Bandlab has picked up Cakewalk. It's all sort of coming back to me. In a previous life I had .ins files for my h/w synths but when I archived my stuff all those years ago I failed to capture the .ins files. So. Looking around I didn't find any for my gear so I decided to cobble together something. I transcribed from some PDF manuals and stole from some other .ins file (apologies to creators). These are not 100% but I think the patch names are good. 

As a bonus I'm attaching a file for the Juno (accidently pulled the wrong patch names at first -- don't have a Juno so can't confirm but it might be a nice start for someone).

Welcome any feedback or modifications. Two areas I feel these may be incomplete

1- Controllers in all

2- SC-55 Variant banks... seems to work but hard to discern from the manual what's right.

RolandAlphaJuno.ins RolandAlphaJuno-2.ins RolandSoundCanvasSC55.ins RolandSoundCanvasSC55-Drumsets.ins

• Like 1

Last I looked, the SONAR/Cakewalk site still had the master ins file which has tons of Roland ins files, IIRC.  Not sure if it specifically had the SC-55, but I am sure there were SC variants in there.  Lemme see if I can find the link.

https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013272/Instrument-Definitions

See next post.  Roland.ins is indeed there. No need to do a download!!

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1