Jump to content
Peter - IK Multimedia

(not a deal) AmpliTube 5.1 update available

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Anyone noticing a 200% increase in CPU load for AT5 after updating?????

Got pics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Logitech wireless keyboard doesn't have the PrntScrn function key so I can't take a pic unless you can suggest a free screen grab tool (not just browser capture).  Took a couple of pics.  On one hand, Amplitube is spiking in the mid 20's where it used to stay around 7-8 on my system.  On the other hand, I reinstalled Softube Amproom and it's playing very nicely in the resource pit.   Used to hit high teens but it's now behaving to the point that I can used it on 6-7 individual tracks.  And THU, well, it just sips at the well no matter what.

IMG_3361.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

My Logitech wireless keyboard doesn't have the PrntScrn function key so I can't take a pic unless you can suggest a free screen grab tool (not just browser capture). 

If you're on Windows 10.... WinKey+Shift+S lets you snip a part of your screen (or the whole thing).

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

If you're on Windows 10.... WinKey+Shift+S lets you snip a part of your screen (or the whole thing).

Blimey...that's useful!!!!!!  Thank you.  Here's AT5 within an active project. 

image.png.5a36baf99fbc59d9d2827020a59378b2.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2021 at 5:04 PM, DeeringAmps said:

It was SampleTank3 that was an issue; right?
What’s the status with IKM vst3’s these days in 

Yes ST3 iirc.

I have IK vst3's installed and have not had a problem with them that I can tell. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

suggest a free screen grab tool (not just browser capture)

Windows snipping tool is a great built-in tool for Windows screen grabs. It's found under Windows Accessories in the start menu. I pinned it to the main start for quick access.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

 Here's AT5 within an active project. 

 

^^^ I don't think I'm seeing a big increase in CPU load with this version.  

although you're running more instances of AT5 than me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Blimey...that's useful!!!!!!  Thank you.  Here's AT5 within an active project. 

image.png.5a36baf99fbc59d9d2827020a59378b2.png

Can you roll back to the previous version of AmpliTube and see if you CPU load decreases with the same project? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got this with one instance of Kontakt 6 using OTS Evolution Rock Standard, with Amplitube 5 Brian May, Bohemiam Rhapsody Riff.

Grab taken with Studio One at idle, no notes playing. It goes up by a few percent if I play a chord. Keep in mind that this S1 performance monitor is only showing the Studio One performance in the session. The overall CPU usage shown on Windows Task Manager was only 8-10% with S1 and this session at idle. Running 6 cores at 4.3 GHz.

 

AmpliTube 5 CPU.JPG

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, abacab said:

Windows snipping tool is a great built-in tool

Yes it is and I use it all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2021 at 10:15 AM, Doug Rintoul said:

Can you roll back to the previous version of AmpliTube and see if you CPU load decreases with the same project? 

Thanks, everyone, for the comments.  I don't know how to roll back but I'll try anything at this point.  In the mean time, I'm replacing with THU until I can resolve this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Thanks, everyone, for the comments.  I don't know how to roll back but I'll try anything at this point.  In the mean time, I'm replacing with THU until I can resolve this.

I think you can download previous version in the 'my products' area of the IKM website

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...