(not a deal) AmpliTube 5.1 update available

Peter - IK Multimedia

My Logitech wireless keyboard doesn't have the PrntScrn function key so I can't take a pic unless you can suggest a free screen grab tool (not just browser capture).  Took a couple of pics.  On one hand, Amplitube is spiking in the mid 20's where it used to stay around 7-8 on my system.  On the other hand, I reinstalled Softube Amproom and it's playing very nicely in the resource pit.   Used to hit high teens but it's now behaving to the point that I can used it on 6-7 individual tracks.  And THU, well, it just sips at the well no matter what.

IMG_3361.JPG

3 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

My Logitech wireless keyboard doesn't have the PrntScrn function key so I can't take a pic unless you can suggest a free screen grab tool (not just browser capture). 

If you're on Windows 10.... WinKey+Shift+S lets you snip a part of your screen (or the whole thing).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/9/2021 at 5:04 PM, DeeringAmps said:

It was SampleTank3 that was an issue; right?
What’s the status with IKM vst3’s these days in 

Yes ST3 iirc.

I have IK vst3's installed and have not had a problem with them that I can tell. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

suggest a free screen grab tool (not just browser capture)

Windows snipping tool is a great built-in tool for Windows screen grabs. It's found under Windows Accessories in the start menu. I pinned it to the main start for quick access.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got this with one instance of Kontakt 6 using OTS Evolution Rock Standard, with Amplitube 5 Brian May, Bohemiam Rhapsody Riff.

Grab taken with Studio One at idle, no notes playing. It goes up by a few percent if I play a chord. Keep in mind that this S1 performance monitor is only showing the Studio One performance in the session. The overall CPU usage shown on Windows Task Manager was only 8-10% with S1 and this session at idle. Running 6 cores at 4.3 GHz.

AmpliTube 5 CPU.JPG

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2021 at 10:15 AM, Doug Rintoul said:

Can you roll back to the previous version of AmpliTube and see if you CPU load decreases with the same project? 

Thanks, everyone, for the comments.  I don't know how to roll back but I'll try anything at this point.  In the mean time, I'm replacing with THU until I can resolve this.

7 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Thanks, everyone, for the comments.  I don't know how to roll back but I'll try anything at this point.  In the mean time, I'm replacing with THU until I can resolve this.

I think you can download previous version in the 'my products' area of the IKM website