(not a deal) AmpliTube 5.1 update available

Peter - IK Multimedia

Just wanted to let you all know AmpliTube 5 has been updated to 5.1.  This mostly adds the virtual X-GEAR pedals (which are free with their hardware equivalent or available for purchase on their own) which is a great way to try the algorithms without having the actual pedal in front of you.

What's new in AmpliTube 5.1

• Added virtual X-GEAR pedals for demo and purchase in AmpliTube 5 via the Custom Shop including X-DRIVE, X-VIBE, X-TIME and X-SPACE.
  • Spillover is now implemented in all reverb and delay effects (the effect's tail persists when the gear is bypassed).

Full news

X-GEAR pedals

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

“IK Multimedia has announced the availability of a free update to all AmpliTube 5 users, premiering virtual versions of the 4 AmpliTube X-GEAR pedals to demo and purchase”

Really?

A free update premiering stuff to purchase?

Man, those marketeers. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Fleer said:

“IK Multimedia has announced the availability of a free update to all AmpliTube 5 users, premiering virtual versions of the 4 AmpliTube X-GEAR pedals to demo and purchase”

Really?

Man, those marketeers. 

And fixes and features, including the much-requested spillover.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fleer said:

Really?

Man, those marketeers. 

What would we do without them lol

and 150 bucks for a pedal emulation?! Sorry, but what are they smoking over there?

2 minutes ago, Esteban Villanova said:

What would we do without them lol

and 150 bucks for a pedal emulation?! Sorry, but what are they smoking over there?

16 pedals in one.  $9 and change for each.  Of course you don't need to buy them, but they're a great way to demo the hardware pedals for free while you can't physically do so (another much-requested feature) and you'd get these free with the hardware pedals.

And considering we've been around for 25+ years and have had times where we were able to double or triple our business, I guess we're smoking the good stuff?  :D🤣

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

The update failed for me in Product Manager.
Downloaded from my user area and it installed fine.
Bear in mind I do have a sub folder “IKM VST” where I keep my VST2 dll’s. 
Speaking of that I never install IKM VST3.
It was SampleTank3 that was an issue; right?
What’s the status with IKM vst3’s these days in CbB?

t

Edited by DeeringAmps

5 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

16 pedals in one.  $9 and change for each.  Of course you don't need to buy them, but they're a great way to demo the hardware pedals for free while you can't physically do so (another much-requested feature) and you'd get these free with the hardware pedals.

And considering we've been around for 25+ years and have had times where we were able to double or triple our business, I guess we're smoking the good stuff?  :D🤣

Apologies for my unnecessary rudeness, the rest of the update is welcomed! 

7 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia

Hey, I doubt this is the right place to ask, but here I go anyway...

I would love a way to lock the output level in Amplitube standalone. I find I have to turn down by  5 or 6db for every single preset, despite my input level looking normal. It makes scrolling presets much more tedious than it needs to be, imo.

That would be so convenient. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

sorry - I was a bit confused by this...

The software versions of the pedals ARE $150 EACH ?

what you are saying is this is justified because of the versatile nature of them (16 pedals in one you claim).....Personally I'm not sure that holds a lot of weight....you  still want $600 for 4 software pedals.....seems like a hilarious amount of money to me....although TBF nobody asked me !

just sayin' :)

(this is still the DEALS section isn't it ?)

Edited by simon
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Pricing structure seems similar to Eventide’s H9 and plugins. 

full price for the H9 series plugs are $99...... but on release I've bought them all for around $30/$39 from either Eventide directly or everyplugin.

I'm guessing the IKM ones are priced so high to ensure they don't eat into the sales of the hardware ?  who knows....but $600 for four pedal plugs...!!!!

15 hours ago, Fleer said:

Really?

Man, those marketeers. 

Clever indeed! Those virtual X stomps are 150 credits each in the Custom Shop! "Only" 600 credits for the set.

But you can buy 500 Gear Credits for $349.99, less if you apply some Jam Points! Then $99.99 for the last 100 credits... (buying 300 credits x2 ends up same price as 500 + 100 credits).

Edited by abacab

Guys, guys, guys, hardware is expensive. Those pedals have to be pretty heavy-duty and monkey-proof (and beer-proof) to be any good.  Guitar pedals are expensive. These are really a pretty good deal in the scheme of things. Who cares if there's a processor inside or a bunch of analog circuits if the function/capabilities are useful? Many of those flexible delay pedals are processors running software . Without the embedded processing, there are many pedals that wouldn't exist.

I'm convinced some of you just like to complain...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, fret_man said:

Guys, guys, guys, hardware is expensive. Those pedals have to be pretty heavy-duty and monkey-proof (and beer-proof) to be any good.  Guitar pedals are expensive. These are really a pretty good deal in the scheme of things. Who cares if there's a processor inside or a bunch of analog circuits if the function/capabilities are useful? Many of those flexible delay pedals are processors running software . Without the embedded processing, there are many pedals that wouldn't exist.

I'm convinced some of you just like to complain...

Umm, I think we are talking about the price of virtual pedals here, not the physical hardware. 

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 2