Jump to content
Morten Saether

[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.09 Early Access [Updated to build 137]

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

I don't know if anyone else has the same experience but this release seems more prone to falling over when duplicating a VSTi track ( inc note data )

image.png.c05a632d5100ea4aaab46ce83b5673c8.png

 Sometimes it works , other times the whole thing freezes and stops then closes without warning  - I suppose it could be a plugin on my end, more testing required

I just tried this with tracks on my project that have UAD plugins. I received pop messages from my UAD plugins that indicate sample rate did not match what was expected. This appears to be a UAD problem.  image.png.791d4baa576e99438ed58f414b499e49.png 

The duplication of track without any effects worked fine for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

I don't know if anyone else has the same experience but this release seems more prone to falling over when duplicating a VSTi track ( inc note data )

image.png.c05a632d5100ea4aaab46ce83b5673c8.png

 Sometimes it works , other times the whole thing freezes and stops then closes without warning  - I suppose it could be a plugin on my end, more testing required

Hard to say. @Mark Morgon-Shaw can you raise the ExceptionHandlingSeverity to 7 and retest this? That should capture a proper crash dump.
Add the ExceptionHandlingSeverity variable to prefs initialization file and set it to 7 and then restart the app.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rocstudio said:

Answering... "much better" as in there is no pre and post delay for the bounce? Correct!

Part 2... I set the BounceFlushTailsMaxDurationSec back to 20 second, restarted Cakewalk, and selected Bypass FX Rack via right clicking on all tracks and buses with effects. Not just UAD but any effects, regardless of manufacturer. Also, I did not bypass any Cakewalk ProChannel effects. The export tracks worked great!

Thank you!

Roc

@rocstudio can you please try this new build 126  with BounceFlushTailsMaxDurationSec set to 20.
It now properly signals offline mode when bouncing. Hopefully there is no predelay with this one.
Let me know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rocstudio said:

I just tried this with tracks on my project that have UAD plugins. I received pop messages from my UAD plugins that indicate sample rate did not match what was expected. This appears to be a UAD problem.  image.png.791d4baa576e99438ed58f414b499e49.png 

The duplication of track without any effects worked fine for me.

Weird. We'll check that its initializing with the same sample rate as the project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@rocstudio can you please try this new build 126  with BounceFlushTailsMaxDurationSec set to 20.
It now properly signals offline mode when bouncing. Hopefully there is no predelay with this one.
Let me know...

Results from testing this Build 126... 

I preformed the Track Export via Task Queue Run Task function twice. 30 to 35 seconds before progress bar started. 35 to 40 seconds after progress bar finishes. This is the screenshot after the progress bar is complete but waiting the 35 to 40 seconds to finish/complete. 

image.thumb.png.7088b972170ec42bc122c03be027e56d.png

Something new... When preforming this I happened to hit Run Task again (for my second test) and it did not give me the "Are you sure you want to overwrite existing files" message. So I did a test on the Export button and I do get the message every time, even if I cancel and Export again. So the Run Task does not seem to match that functionality.

Thanks again!

Roc

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

For the sake of simplicity, say I have two buses: 

1. Vocals Bus (containing all vocal tracks routed to this bus)

2. Instrumental parts Bus (containing all instrument tracks routed to this bus)

I have  a compressor (CA 2A) in Bus 2 that is fed by a send from Bus 1. When there are no vocal parts active, Bus 2 is at full volume. When there are active vocals, the sidechain makes the compressor to kick in and lower the volume on Bus 2.

 

There is a solution. I'm just caught up with a client - you have a routing issue. 

 Have you tried to Export with ENTIRE MIX? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, rocstudio said:

Results from testing this Build 126... 

I preformed the Track Export via Task Queue Run Task function twice. 30 to 35 seconds before progress bar started. 35 to 40 seconds after progress bar finishes. This is the screenshot after the progress bar is complete but waiting the 35 to 40 seconds to finish/complete. 

image.thumb.png.7088b972170ec42bc122c03be027e56d.png

Something new... When preforming this I happened to hit Run Task again (for my second test) and it did not give me the "Are you sure you want to overwrite existing files" message. So I did a test on the Export button and I do get the message every time, even if I cancel and Export again. So the Run Task does not seem to match that functionality.

Thanks again!

Roc

 

 

@rocstudio Sure you ran 126? If so I'm not sure why those plugins are blocking processing for so long. I'm definitely informing the plugin about offline bounce now.
Does the same issue happen even with normal exporting without a task queue?

You can narrow it down by bypassing your plugins one by one till you find which ones cause the issue. My hunch is this is UAD specific.
Please let me know if you confirm this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

I did: it's the same. What you hear is fine, but the export process ignores the bus sidechaining.

@Andres Medina I tried your project. I think you are mistaken about this. Soloing the Instrumental track does not automatically include the vocals sidechain because it is routing through it via a bus circuit. You can see this by looking at the meters in the vocal bus. As a result the export also fails to include the vocal sidechain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Will_Kaydo said:

There is a solution. I'm just caught up with a client - you have a routing issue. 

 Have you tried to Export with ENTIRE MIX? 

I haven't, because what I want is to export several individual tracks at once, and that this tracks exports as I hear them, but on individual files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Sure you ran 126? If so I'm not sure why those plugins are blocking processing for so long. I'm definitely informing the plugin about offline bounce now.
Does the same issue happen even with normal exporting without a task queue?

You can narrow it down by bypassing your plugins one by one till you find which ones cause the issue. My hunch is this is UAD specific.

Yes... I did run 126.

Yes it performs the same way with just a regular export and same parameters as Run Task.  About 35 Seconds to Progress Bar Start and about 40 seconds after Progress Bar complete.

 image.png.38da773ca046ee780013c0c0a56c53a2.png

I can perform the test you are requesting. Just some clarification...

You want me to bypass each effect type, run export/task export and turn that type back on and go to the next type... Right?

Obviously turn them off without turning them back on, won't really tell much... but I do want to be clear on what you're asking for.

I'll get started on that in about an hour! I gotta finish up some stuff!! 🙂

Thanks

Roc

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

I haven't, because what I want is to export several individual tracks at once, and that this tracks exports as I hear them, but on individual files.

Try to only export the busses then with bus Fx. ☺

Edited by Will_Kaydo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

I haven't, because what I want is to export several individual tracks at once, and that this tracks exports as I hear them, but on individual files.

Have you tried putting them into a Folder and exporting that - we can export Folders now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

Have you tried putting them into a Folder and exporting that - we can export Folders now

Thanks!

Yes, but when exporting folders, the exported audio combines all tracks into 1 single track, similar to bouncing to one track, but in this case, to an external file.

It doesn't separate the individual tracks in individual files... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

Thanks!

Yes, but when exporting folders, the exported audio combines all tracks into 1 single track, similar to bouncing to one track, but in this case, to an external file.

It doesn't separate the individual tracks in individual files... 

Oh I see - I came in halfway through ...did not realise what you are trying to achieve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to set option in export to export track folder with all audio files in it in seperate folder similar structure or to posibility to export folder with containing tracks in zip file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Try to only export the busses then with bus Fx. ☺

Thanks - 

Using Buses as Source Category would mix the tracks feeding that bus into one single audio clip, not separate audio files for each track.

May be I'm trying to do something highly unusual, or may be plain wrong!

The whole purpose of this is to be able to export several tracks at once, maintaining the sound that I hear, that is routed through buses.

A workaround that I found is to simply bounce first the tracks that I want to export, and from these already bounced tracks perform the "export  tracks through entire mix". But it creates one additional step on the export process, and I was hoping that this new source category would reduce it.

No big deal anyway... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rocstudio said:

Yes... I did run 126.

Yes it performs the same way with just a regular export and same parameters as Run Task.  About 35 Seconds to Progress Bar Start and about 40 seconds after Progress Bar complete.

 

I can perform the test you are requesting. Just some clarification...

You want me to bypass each effect type, run export/task export and turn that type back on and go to the next type... Right?

Obviously turn them off without turning them back on, won't really tell much... but I do want to be clear on what you're asking for.

I'll get started on that in about an hour! I gotta finish up some stuff!! 🙂

Thanks

Roc

 

 

 

@rocstudio A quicker test may be to start out with all FX bypassed from the global FX bypass on the toolbar.
Then go to each individual bin one by one and unbypass, retesting the bounce each time. When the delay comes back you have the plugin causing it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

Thanks - 

Using Buses as Source Category would mix the tracks feeding that bus into one single audio clip, not separate audio files for each track.

May be I'm trying to do something highly unusual, or may be plain wrong!

The whole purpose of this is to be able to export several tracks at once, maintaining the sound that I hear, that is routed through buses.

A workaround that I found is to simply bounce first the tracks that I want to export, and from these already bounced tracks perform the "export  tracks through entire mix". But it creates one additional step on the export process, and I was hoping that this new source category would reduce it.

No big deal anyway... 

Lets say you want to sidechain backing vocals on top of the instrument. 

Step 1: Route the output of the instruments to a bus. 

Step 2: Route the Vocals (all 12 of them) as sends to the sidechain (compressor input) bus. 

On export: Select "Tracks (only)" with every desired Track FX and Bus FX tick box selected. 

This applies to Busses too. 

Still not at my Studio to double check this. I'm not at place that is equipped with CbB at the movement. 

This should work (its the steps i do everyday) including the previous steps. Let's not hijack this thread any further. You're more than welcome to PM me. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@rocstudio A quicker test may be to start out with all FX bypassed from the global FX bypass on the toolbar.
Then go to each individual bin one by one and unbypass, retesting the bounce each time. When the delay comes back you have the plugin causing it.

 

I tried your suggestion. I did not find any one bin with or without UAD plugins that caused the delay in the progress bar starting. So I tried a couple of other tests.

1. Starting point - all effects bypass like you suggested, but then starting with the first track with effects, I unbypassed that bin ran Track export via Run Task. Then I unbypassed the next track with effects and ran Track export via Run Task. I continued that process, adding track with effects  and running task and each time I added a track with effects, it got about 1 to 2 seconds longer then the previous run before the progress bar would start.

2. So then I just bypassed only the UAD plugins and the progress bar started relatively quickly! So it does appear to be the UAD plugins.

3. I did get an error one time that I could not duplicate (below), but I thought I'd let you know anyway. This happen one time when going through the original process you suggested. I tried to duplicate what I could have possibly done to cause that, but was unsuccessful.

Thanks again!

Roc

image.thumb.png.b40b00b30dcd1893c87d08f6b804ebf7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...