[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.09 Early Access [Updated to build 137]

Morten Saether

5 hours ago, scook said:

See earlier post in this thread

This is caused because you have an incompatible version of the roboto fonts on your system. We're working on a solution to that. If you react to fix it locally for now you can uninstall your roboto fonts in windows fonts, assuming your don't use it for something else

On 9/11/2021 at 2:16 AM, Andres Medina said:

I found issues with the Export Audio functions, that were not present in previous build: The "Time Selection Range"  is not working.

To reproduce:

1. Select an audio clip
  2. Initiate Export Audio
  3. Select Tracks Through Entire Mix in Source Category
  4. Select Time Selection on "Range"

The selection on the track pane changes to entire project, which is wrong, and the audio is exported following this mistaken selection.

UPDATE: also, before this build, the selection of a particular clip(s) on the track pane automatically selected the corresponding track(s) and the time region on the export dialog. In this build none of this happens.

Thanks for this - the cause has been identified and has been fixed for the next release.

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2021 at 2:19 AM, Andres Medina said:

Another thing: saving a preset in the export audio dialog does not save the Range selection, as before.

The range was never saved with presets, only in the tasks. I suspect what you were seeing before was just co-incidental.

It makes no sense to save the selection range in the presets, as the presets are global and a selection range is project specific. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, rocstudio said:

I love this new release!

I think there might be an issue with bouncing a clip. It is taking much much longer to complete.

I select the clip, right click and select Bounce To Clip.

Thanks

Can you provide a project that exhibits this? What does the track that contains the clip look like? 

28 minutes ago, rocstudio said:

I love this new release!

I think there might be an issue with bouncing a clip. It is taking much much longer to complete.

I select the clip, right click and select Bounce To Clip.

Thanks

Works instantly here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Upload it to any file share (include the audio data) and send a link. 
I found one possible inefficiency that I've fixed for next update. It would flush all plugins in the project for each clip being bounced which is unnecessary. For a project containing a large number of plugins that could have added a little overhead. Not sure if that is your issue however. In normal cases I don't see any obvious slowdown.
If you post a video of what you are doing it may get more clear.

1 minute ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Upload it to any file share (include the audio data) and send a link. 
I found one possible inefficiency that I've fixed for next update. It would flush all plugins in the project for each clip being bounced which is unnecessary. For a project containing a large number of plugins that could have added a little overhead. Not sure if that is your issue however. In normal cases I don't see any obvious slowdown.
If you post a video of what you are doing it may get more clear.

There are a number of plugins on the project. However, this particular track did not have any at the time of the bounce.

I created this video from my phone and I started the video about 10 sec after I selected bounce to clip. The clip is about 1 minute. Obviously, total time about 1 minute 10 seconds. 🙂

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BEtCIR_PTTTIlh7wpTps3SqHjNRTDWYy/view?usp=sharing

I also saved and created the project with just the one audio track to make it small enough to get it to you.  I preformed a couple bounces with just the one audio track and it still took a while to complete. First one about 1 minute 5 second. The second one about 1 minute 25 second.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xi0HZyMuRLTGczFAP2sbW_suNbxR90iJ/view?usp=sharing

I hope what I gave you works for you. If not, let me know!

Thanks for your support!

Roc

1 hour ago, rocstudio said:

There are a number of plugins on the project. However, this particular track did not have any at the time of the bounce.

I created this video from my phone and I started the video about 10 sec after I selected bounce to clip. The clip is about 1 minute. Obviously, total time about 1 minute 10 seconds. 🙂

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BEtCIR_PTTTIlh7wpTps3SqHjNRTDWYy/view?usp=sharing

I also saved and created the project with just the one audio track to make it small enough to get it to you.  I preformed a couple bounces with just the one audio track and it still took a while to complete. First one about 1 minute 5 second. The second one about 1 minute 25 second.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xi0HZyMuRLTGczFAP2sbW_suNbxR90iJ/view?usp=sharing

I hope what I gave you works for you. If not, let me know!

Thanks for your support!

Roc

@rocstudio looking at the video I can't fully see whats happening but it appears that the lag is happening before and after the actual bounce happens. i.e. before and after the progress bar runs from 0 to 100% and shows activity. Is this correct? If so this means that the actual bounce happened quickly but the startup and shutdown took time.  Please confirm that this is what you saw.
Also if you select the same time range for all tracks in the project and do a bounce to tracks instead of bounce to clips do you see a similar lag?

Your project didn't include audio but it contains several UAD plugins. I suspect something expensive is happening there. I can send you a build to test with my optimization in case it helps. Perhaps you could upload the file "Top Snare (Bounced, 326).wav"

There is a looping issue with version 2021.06(Build 058) . If you start the loop on measure 2 and set the tempo above 120bpm, it will not loop correctly.  Has this been addressed with the early release  or is it still present.  I found it while working on a song..  I have lowered the tempo and it went away.  I also changed the starting loop point and it went away.  Sorry if I posted this in the wrong location

9 minutes ago, Ken Chatman said:

There is a looping issue with version 2021.06(Build 058) . If you start the loop on measure 2 and set the tempo above 120bpm, it will not loop correctly.  Has this been addressed with the early release  or is it still present.  I found it while working on a song..  I have lowered the tempo and it went away.  I also changed the starting loop point and it went away.  Sorry if I posted this in the wrong location

Fist of all: what is it that you're looping? Midi or Audio? For me - there was no such issues in that build. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

1 hour ago, Ken Chatman said:

Please start a different thread for issues present in 06 or earlier. For looping issues you should provide a test project or clear steps to demonstrate. Very often such problems are data or plugin specific.

3 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Here is a link to Build 124 that has an optimization for clip bounce. See if it solves this issue.
@Andres Medina this also has Mark's fix for the selection problems you were having. Let me know if this resolves your issue.

Sorry it took so long to respond! This Build 124 seems to work much better!

Thank you very much!

Roc

4 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@rocstudio looking at the video I can't fully see whats happening but it appears that the lag is happening before and after the actual bounce happens. i.e. before and after the progress bar runs from 0 to 100% and shows activity. Is this correct? If so this means that the actual bounce happened quickly but the startup and shutdown took time.  Please confirm that this is what you saw.
Also if you select the same time range for all tracks in the project and do a bounce to tracks instead of bounce to clips do you see a similar lag?

Your project didn't include audio but it contains several UAD plugins. I suspect something expensive is happening there. I can send you a build to test with my optimization in case it helps. Perhaps you could upload the file "Top Snare (Bounced, 326).wav"

Sorry I missed your response and questions.  I agree with your assessment and it appears you did fix that problem. I will test the bounce to tracks on this Build 124 to see if it has any issues.

I just tested the bounce to tracks on the original project with all the tracks with Build 124. It took about 35 seconds for the progress bar to start and after the progress bar completed about 45 sec to complete. So it appears that this is a problem with that function even on this new build.

Thanks for thinking of that test!

Roc

Edited by rocstudio