[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.09 Early Access [Updated to build 137]

Morten Saether

14 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

Wow, this gets me excited as well! 😄

It sounds almost too good, so I have to double-check: one doesn't have to include the side-chain source in the selection when using Bounce to Tracks anymore, it will be automatically calculated? It really improves workflow with sidechaining, great work Noel & Co!

That is correct. If you have a track containing a side chain plugin and one or more other tracks feeding the side chain input (in Cakewalk multiple tracks can send to the same SC), you can select the main plugin track with the plugin and it will automatically discover and include the side chain sources in the bounce/export.
Similarly for aux tracks, you can now select an aux track and bounce it directly and all other tracks sourcing it will be included in the mix automatically.

• Like 2

Thank you for continued support for the great DAW.
Since I am a Korean user, I have no choice but to use the English version.

English.png.124c3b195d18e9c5d62a929a9be5cd61.png

Tags in Korean(Hangeul) are not displayed in the new "Export Audio" dialog box.

969729179_ExportAudio(2).png.9f6b3f7d779d171cac9b679eb4545594.png

The text "♭" is not displayed either.

Korean language is not supported in recently added function windows.
(Articulation Map Edit, Arranger Track, Browse BandLab Projects..., Publish To BandLab..., FX insert context menu, (Tempo track))

In the Japanese version, Korean input and display are possible in the recently added function windows mentioned above,
but we cannot read the Japanese menu.

I don't know if CbB is willing to support Korean, but I have a Korean translation source to donate to CbB.
Most of the translations of Menu, Dialog, and String tables are translated into Korean, and 'Help Module' remains about half.
AudioSnap.png.de052a40c1b2bd580cc8dcdf378094b4.png

Edited by Jae-yun Jeon

The ability to export stems with sidechained tracks automatically included is great!

However, I wonder if this feature can be selected-deselected by the user, the same way you configure the Mix and Render options?

My concern is that not always you want the sidechains to be included in the export, like when the tracks are going to be mixed externally by another studio.

Of course a workaround for this would be to use another source rather than tracks, i.e Buses or Hardware outputs, but in this case you will need to export each stem individually as we all were doing, before this great update!

36 minutes ago, JayCee99 said:

I have a question concerning the export of audio tracks. For me it would be helpful when exporting audio tracks, that the track number follows directly the export filename. Is this considered in the changes you made in the new version?

@JayCee99 Use the new filename tags. For example:

{trackname}-{tracknumber}

image.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andres Medina said:

The ability to export stems with sidechained tracks automatically included is great!

However, I wonder if this feature can be selected-deselected by the user, the same way you configure the Mix and Render options?

My concern is that not always you want the sidechains to be included in the export, like when the tracks are going to be mixed externally by another studio.

While this new sidechain feature will be exactly what I need, I can appreciate not everyone has the same workflow.

As you say, a checkbox for "Include sidechains" maybe? 🤔

• Great Idea 1

23 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

While this new sidechain feature will be exactly what I need, I can appreciate not everyone has the same workflow.

As you say, a checkbox for "Include sidechains" maybe? 🤔

If your track effects have side chains would you want the track effects on without the side chain?  That doesn't make sense to me, as the side chain is effectively part of the effect.

I think what you're probably talking about is not having the track effects at all, in which case switch them off in the Mix & Render options:

image.png.1d4b45eaab70a3e40c5044866ce5a333.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I understand. Perhaps I'm confused. I was thinking about , say two tracks, instrumental + vocals, routed each to a different BUS. The instrumental bus has a sidechained compressor, driven by the vocal track aux send.

If I export the corresponding tracks, using the new Tracks Through Entire Mix source category, it will generate two separate tracks, and the instrumental track will be affected by the sidechain? 

Edited by Andres Medina

Feedback

Creating trackouts now is a breeze and really straight forward. Sound design has never been this easy (a word that will be heard a lot throught this) and far less tracks are being used to achieve this. 

The streamlined workflow also make internal and external sidechain with dynamic controllers that does not have this built-in feature really easy to create - including parallel sidechain | and | tracking out self-dynamic EQ'ing, is a cakewalk. 

100% Flawless! A gold winner. 

Nice one team. 

17 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

I understand. Perhaps I'm confused. I was thinking about , say two tracks, instrumental + vocals, routed each to a different BUS. The instrumental bus has a sidechained compressor, driven by the vocal track aux send.

If I export the corresponding tracks, using the new Tracks Through Entire Mix source category, it will generate two separate tracks, and the instrumental track will be affected by the sidechain? 

Are you referring to the "Final export" and not bounce to tracks?  Just don't select the track you dont want. 

https://youtu.be/AX-NNen14rs

Or with the new 123 build 

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/33601-cakewalk-202109-early-access-updated-to-build-123/&do=findComment&comment=273942

Edited by Will_Kaydo

2 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Are you referring to the "Final export" and not bounce to tracks?  Just don't select the track you dont want. 

Right. Final export, not bounce to tracks.

I already tried, and the exported audio is not being affected by the sidechain compressor (which is in a bus...).  Not sure if I'm just misunderstanding the signal flow of this new sidechaining on exporting individual tracks through the mix.

😮

20 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

Yes, it will be in this circumstance.

A source category of Tracks taps the output before it hits any buses;  Track Through Entire Mix is essentially that track solo'd, and tapped after the main output.

1 minute ago, msmcleod said:

Yes, it will be in this circumstance.

A source category of Tracks taps the output before it hits any buses;  Track Through Entire Mix is essentially that track solo'd, and tapped after the main output.

Got it. Thanks!

I'll do another test later with the new build (123).

As for the 114, it's not behaving that way. The exported instrumental audio track is not being affected by the sidechained compressor.

build 123

Thanks. This item is a step in the right direction too. I appreciate it.

Now, after receiving export success toast, the toast appears to go away when you open a new project. That helps.

I know some may think it a tiny item, but adding strokes and mousing to everyone's workflow is a big item. Tiny though it may be, it gets repeated very often!

So again.... Thanks...