[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.09 Early Access [Updated to build 137]

Morten Saether

After installing the release Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Update_Setup_27.09.0.120(Rebuild_2) and opening or creating a file, the transport plays for about 100ms and stops and returns to the starting position. No error message, no dropout message. Same behavior for any file, any audio or midi. new or existing. I can not revert to the previous version as the error says the build is not present. Please help

image.png

I found issues with the Export Audio functions, that were not present in previous build: The "Time Selection Range"  is not working.

To reproduce:

1. Select an audio clip
  2. Initiate Export Audio
  3. Select Tracks Through Entire Mix in Source Category
  4. Select Time Selection on "Range"

The selection on the track pane changes to entire project, which is wrong, and the audio is exported following this mistaken selection.

UPDATE: also, before this build, the selection of a particular clip(s) on the track pane automatically selected the corresponding track(s) and the time region on the export dialog. In this build none of this happens.

Edited by Andres Medina
UPDATE
  • Thanks 1

I just downloaded the 2021.09 early release and have encountered something that I am not sure about.  When attempting to export a file using the new "Export Audio" page, when I go to "Choose Export Location" and choose the designated folder that I want to export to, I notice that none of the files that are currently in that folder are showing up.  It just says "No items match your search".  Is this a settings issues or am I missing something?  Prior to the update I could always see the other files in the folder which was essential in order to make sure I am not duplicating something.  I can go to the regular Windows File Explorer and see what is in the folder but that is inconvenient when I am used to automatically being able to see that information during the exporting process.  Anyone else noticing this or having this issue?

Danny C.

😀 What!? The excitement that is sitting on my face right now for what I just did with a few test and the results I got from it? Heaven! 

12 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

There may be a few boundary cases

So far from my small test, I doubt there is any boundary limitations with the sidechain side in this update. Sidechain with tracks works perfectly (More feedback within the next 48hrs.) 

Just to make it clear to others, I've attached a video to show how this works. It is slightly different than how its done with buses. 

I dont know if anyone else is aware of what this update brings in the flexibility with sidechain as of this EA. If you could just read my mind right now . . .

@Noel Borthwick and the team literally broke cakewalk's limitations within its creativity realm - wide open. The things you can do now without plugins - endless! 

I thank you Noel and Team. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, buildanax said:

I just downloaded the 2021.09 early release and have encountered something that I am not sure about.  When attempting to export a file using the new "Export Audio" page, when I go to "Choose Export Location" and choose the designated folder that I want to export to, I notice that none of the files that are currently in that folder are showing up.  It just says "No items match your search".  Is this a settings issues or am I missing something?  Prior to the update I could always see the other files in the folder which was essential in order to make sure I am not duplicating something.  I can go to the regular Windows File Explorer and see what is in the folder but that is inconvenient when I am used to automatically being able to see that information during the exporting process.  Anyone else noticing this or having this issue?

Danny C.

You opening the folder browser. What you want is the file browser.

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, buildanax said:

Danny C.

@buildanax you most likely have a bad install or something failed during install. Please download the installer and run it again.

Also if you got that message when rolling back you ran the wrong rollback installer. Instructions are in the first post in this thread.

3 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Just to make it clear to the others Ive attached a video to show how this works. It is slightly different than how its done with buses.

Cool. Wish we could bounce audio like this by just dragging the MIDI clip onto audio track or a sampler pad, skipping the whole interrupting dialog window step.

11 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@SaGaD Xamun can you please provide the audio file that you used to do the detection with? You can zip it and attach here or if large upload it to a file share and put the link here.

This is the link to my favorite audio reference file https:

Reference  : www.soundcloud.com/roosari-abi/khatereh-hossein-alizadeh

You may be wondering why I want to use audio Snap? Well, the steps I want to do are, after finding the tempo, I quantize the file and cut it into pieces, and after applying the Glitch and effects I want, I produce new music, composite music.

This link below is the same reference file I wanted that I reproduced last month with earlier versions of cakewalk

reproduced last month : www.soundcloud.com/karimkhan-ir/the-wind-x-hossein-alizadeh-karimkhanir-free-beat

Hossein Alizadeh - Khatereh - 320 - RadioAva.Com_490_.rar

Edited by SaGaD Xamun

6 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

These are the different routing examples that I tested. It should automatically evaluate dependencies and add them when bouncing a single track with other tracks sourcing that track. Same applies to soloing the track in question.

Wow, this gets me excited as well! 😄

It sounds almost too good, so I have to double-check: one doesn't have to include the side-chain source in the selection when using Bounce to Tracks anymore, it will be automatically calculated? It really improves workflow with sidechaining, great work Noel & Co!