Best Service The Orchestra Essentials

cclarry

5 hours ago, Barrie said:

Not really a deal - $99 is the regular price. The Essentials product is new, but "for beginners" (their words, not mine)

It was $399 when initially released, so $99 is still a deal.

This product isn't just for beginners. It's also perfect for lazy people, regardless of experience [raises hand].

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On the Sonuscore website - this product "Orchestra Essentials" is a new product (https://sonuscore.com/shop/the-orchestra-essentials/)  and says:

THE ORCHESTRA ESSENTIALS is your fast track to orchestral composing. It comes with a carefully selected curation of instruments from THE ORCHESTRA, STRINGS OF WINTER, and HORNS OF HELL and is powered by our groundbreaking ensemble-engine. Use this orchestra plug-in for beginners, take your first orchestral steps and create amazing music in no time!

So this is not The Orchestra, only a subset. Just trying to be clear,  in case someone thinks they are getting "The Orchestra" which is more expensive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barrie said:

On the Sonuscore website - this product "Orchestra Essentials" is a new product (https://sonuscore.com/shop/the-orchestra-essentials/)  and says:

THE ORCHESTRA ESSENTIALS is your fast track to orchestral composing. It comes with a carefully selected curation of instruments from THE ORCHESTRA, STRINGS OF WINTER, and HORNS OF HELL and is powered by our groundbreaking ensemble-engine. Use this orchestra plug-in for beginners, take your first orchestral steps and create amazing music in no time!

So this is not The Orchestra, only a subset. Just trying to be clear,  in case someone thinks they are getting "The Orchestra" which is more expensive.

Correct,

Comparisons

There's usually a Best Service Sale, IIRC 40%..November?

16 minutes ago, Barrie said:

Ah, that makes more sense. I'll wait for a sale on the full package. This one's a bit limited, basically a set of curated arpeggiations with pretty good but fixed-sounding ensembles. The lack of mic positions is going to make it harder to blend in with other orchestral libraries such as solo instruments. I also don't see a way to route different sections to separate outputs, so all mixing has to be done within the instrument.

I guess Spitfire has just spoiled me.

I think this is a good deal as it gets you going with THE ORCHESTRA for a nice price and you get a break on upgrades.  However, one should remember that Black Friday is coming soon, and everything from Sonuscore will be 40% off.

Just to be clear, this is not a limited edition of the first edition of THE ORCHESTRA.

The original THE ORCHESTRA doesn't include STRINGS OF WINTER, and HORNS OF HELL.  They are only in THE ORCHESTRA COMPLETE 2.

So I think it's better to think of this as a limited edition of THE ORCHESTRA COMPLETE 2.   You're not going to get everything that's in the original THE ORCHESTRA, but you will get some things that aren't included. 

But as Sonuscore added more strings and brass, it's possible or likely that they will add a woodwinds expansion to THE ORCHESTRA COMPLETE 2.  I wonder if you'll just end up having to pay more for a new version of Essentials when that comes out.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I downloaded it this afternoon, and I can tell you it really sounds nice, and you are not limited to using only the performance engine,

@Reid Rosefelt makes some great observations. They have included some of the core sections as ensembles along with a selection of their engine performances. It is similar to a “sampler” or “lite” version, to allow you to taste and see if the overall sound appeals to you. It also sets you up for the potential upgrade paths if it is something you like. 
I will go back through the thread to see if there are any more specifics I can answer. Please feel free to post any questions and I will see what I can find out.
So, stay tuned, not sure when this might pop up, but it will be soon, very soon.

Edited by Simeon Amburgey
I had to reschedule my appointment with my optometrist 🤓
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1