UVI Drum Replacer

cclarry

Long time SD Trigger user and I was totally happy with it.. . until I watched that video. 

I've been exporting Midi from Trigger to use with Superior Drummer, Addictive Drums or Get Good libraries and this will make all that so much easier. Some other really nice touches too and as I'm a Falcon user it all feels pretty familiar. 

Sold ! 

How would it do extracting the drum tracks (to MIDI) from fully mixed recordings (i.e. drums + other instruments)?  Trying to find a shortcut to figuring out the drum grooves from songs.  If it can reliably pull out the kick and the snare, I'll be happy.  More would be bonus.

Edited by ALC
  • Great Idea 1

28 minutes ago, ALC said:

How would it do extracting the drum tracks (to MIDI) from fully mixed recordings (i.e. drums + other instruments)?  Trying to find a shortcut to figuring out the drum grooves from songs.  If it can reliably pull out the kick and the snare, I'll be happy.  More would be bonus.

I was wondering about this to.  It looks like MIDI drag and drop and export were added in an update.  See pages 12-13 in the manual.

8 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

i guess there is no point getting this if you only use midi drums.

Little quirky but here is another use for it:

also, let’s you play your pineapple finally…super handy for tropical house heheh

You can also replace drums in loops and samples ….very cool

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kevin H said:

You can also replace drums in loops and samples ….very cool

Thanks for the links. Yeah.. I am still trying to get my head around how I would use this and in what situation. I use mostly Kontakt, GA and Maschine for drums. If I need to replace a drum sound component,  I just replace the sample  itself. But perhaps I guess Sample tank and something like Hugh Padhham drum loops? No idea.

15 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

I was wondering about this to.  It looks like MIDI drag and drop and export were added in an update.  See pages 12-13 in the manual.

15 hours ago, ALC said:

What are we talking about? Loading this on a wave track and trying to have it create MIDI from the wave?

59 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

What are we talking about? Loading this on a wave track and trying to have it create MIDI from the wave?

Yes.  Then I can use one of the other drum libraries I own (SSD, MODO, BFD), and have a clean rhythm track to play along with.

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

this is cool? so it will tell you what note the snare and kick are in?

I consider this a cool feature- yes.  In Slate Trigger you can change the pitch by adjusting the "tune" knob manually.  In Additive Trigger you can do this by opening the Edit tab, and engaging and adjusting the pitch there.  It's nice to have it done automatically and worked perfectly the 1st time I clicked it without knowing what it was going to do.  

It doesn't tell you the note value, but when you click the ear icon, it analyzes the pitch of the source and matches the sample to that note value in the form of semitones +/-.  This is a fixed value, so if you are trying to add a live kick to an 808 that's playing a bass line- I suppose you'd have to do each note at a time or automate.  But if you are adding an 808 to a live kick, for example, this is a quick way to dial things in the way I'd have to do manually with my ole Forat F16 hardware unit (and suffer any sample rate anomalies along the way).  Obviously, you can just change the pitch manually in Drum Replacer if you prefer.