Docking disable/turn off

Gregers Larsen

Please please please provide an option that will turn off the docking. It is the most irritating feature and ruins the work flow.

I realize that you can hold Ctrl down when moving a window. That just shows that the function of turning it off is already there. Please make it an option via menus.

I see that I am indeed not the only only with this request.

Br Greg

• 2 months later...

I totally agree with the request to disable docking altogether!  It is a totally frustrating thing to have to first invoke a feature (Region FX, etc...), then to use it, undock it!  It's totally ridiculous!  There should be a 'switch' like nearly every other 'default behavior' should have...), that simply has auto-docking turned on or off.  Then, when the concentrating artist brings up a new windo, it appears in the same place where he left that feature before.  Again, Region FX is a great example...  I create a Region FX for Melodyne, then of course, undock it and scroll it to the actual material, then finally edit the 'region.'  Melodyne falls WAY SHORT on the Cakewalk version, by the way!  Totally kludgy operations with that, but where else can we get decent pitch adjustment for the price?
PLEASE PROVIDE AN OPTION TO ENABLE/DIABLE DOCKING!!!

P-L-E-A-S-E!
Thank you, (in advance...)!!

• Great Idea 1

@Gregers Larsen   If you do not want to use it, you can unpin any open window by grabbing it with the left mouse button at the bottom of the DOCK on the field with the name of the plugin or window, and dragging it from this area above. This window will float and free to move and resize. I tried to use the DOCK, but then gave up in favor of free opening or closing the windows or plugins I needed. It is enough to perform this action once for each specific window, later the windows will open already unpinned. If you wish, you can again dock any window in the DOCK by dragging it by the top frame to the bottom of the Cakewalk interface.

Edited by IgoRr