I lost my post count

Tim Smith

I've been demoted about as low as anyone can go here on the Cakewalk forum. Tried to log on. Was directed to logon through Bandlab. After I logged on I realized someone stole all of my post count. 20 years on the forum as a nobody and now I don't even have posts to show for it.

Who stole my beans? Bapu? That there post count sure did jump a lot in just a few hours. 

Now we know the REST of the story.

1 hour ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

You only joined this forum yesterday Tim.

Unless you're name is Bapu, you're old post count from the Cakewalk forum doesn't follow you to this new incarnation.

Straummy, why do you goad Craigb (ITIHRN) into posting his pic of everyone claiming to be Bapu? 🙂 

1 hour ago, Bapu said:
3 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Unless you're name is Bapu, you're old post count from the Cakewalk forum doesn't follow you to this new incarnation.

Straummy, why do you goad Craigb (ITIHRN) into posting his pic of everyone claiming to be Bapu? 🙂 

I wouldn't mind, but I created that wonderful piece o fart.

And he never credits me.

• Great Idea 1

16 hours ago, slartabartfast said:

Have you checked under the cushions on the couch?

Meh just a few french fries and a quarter.

14 hours ago, bitflipper said:

While it's true there's no lower level, at least you're not alone down here in the basement, Tim. Some, believe it or not, are here by choice.

How you doin there bitflipper. I figgered it out. I was signed to BL under two aliases. I come here by choice sometimes. I rather like the fresh start. My record has been wiped clean. It's a good day brother.

I might as well follow it up by erasing any evidence I ever existed online. Easier said than done.

I was not a hit on the CH because I was both too serious and too honest. I'm lower than whale poo.

22 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

'zacto. In actual count here I'm probably negative 200 posts.

The post count algorithm has been updated with the  forum software's new AI plugin.

Now, the number is incremented not by one, but rather by a value commensurate with the post's informational content. It can even go negative if, for example, reading a post causes the reader's overall mental performance to be reduced. In particular, each grade school-level grammar or punctuation mistake drops the value by 0.1.

Phrases such as "ta very muchly" are tolerated, under a special exemption for regional dialects, along with "ya great 'airy yob" and spelling "fries" as c-h-i-p-s. Unless you speak Brummie (see Ozzy Osbourne) or Mississippi quasi-English, neither of which can be understood by anyone anyway.

• Haha 2