Scaler 2.4.1 update out as of Sep 8, 2021. Not a deal.

Steve Harder

New vid

2.4.1 (available 8th September 2021)

Content & Playback

New Common Phrases (Chordal & Progression)

New Basic Performances

Improve timing precision - Fix timing offset in recorded performance, prevent short notes from being added to recorded MIDI at looping points and prevent hung notes.

Add the ability to Quantise and Latch chords with Perform mode OFF

Fix “Chord+Melody” playback to avoid creating overlapping MIDI notes.

MIDI Mapping

Add the ability to manually select the MIDI CC to map from a dropdown when creating an action.

Add the ability to map “MIDI Panic” to a command binding

Add the ability to bind dropdown menus’ “Previous” / “Next” command to a MIDI CC

Add new assignable commands for keyswitch actions (toggle chord/scale mode, toggle chord mute, switch melody patterns)

Add the ability to disable keyswitch (green keys) from the side menu.

Add the ability to override an existing command mapping.

Other Improvements

Fix - Extracted Voicing - Avoid creating an extra gap in octave when re-voicing extended chords

Include inversions when exporting MIDI markers (slash chords)

Fix multi-selection not applying changes when modifying multiple chords in EDIT matrix

Keys-Lock - “Scale Notes Mapped” profile now prioritise the natural position of each mapped note correctly.

Forcing a chord set into a scale now refreshes the chord colours and Section B properly.

Multi-selection of chords are now moved properly when dragged from a Section C pattern into an empty pattern.

Fix an issue causing the Keys-Lock settings to be lost when entering/exiting the Chord-Edit view.

Dragging a single chord with an expression ON now exports the duration of a single chord instead of the duration of the whole pattern.

Fix a bug in the generation of modulation pathways creating duplicate suggestions in Modulation Popup.

Fix an issue preventing the transposition of “Community” chord sets.

Fix an issue causing the “…” button to appear in the wrong location.

The “MOD” button in the Quick-Navigation menu is now disabled when using an unsupported scale.

Edited by Steve Harder
  • Thanks 10

This gets so much love and development it’s hard to keep up. I find if I’ve not used it for a while, I need to invest some time and go back to basics, then learn the new stuff. The support via video tutorials is also second to none. Really excellent plugin. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marshall said:

This gets so much love and development it’s hard to keep up. I find if I’ve not used it for a while, I need to invest some time and go back to basics, then learn the new stuff. The support via video tutorials is also second to none. Really excellent plugin. 

The BEST bang for the buck and ease of use for a MIDI generator- bar none.  Rapid Composer has 10x the capability, but a learning curve to match.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

The BEST bang for the buck and ease of use for a MIDI generator- bar none.  Rapid Composer has 10x the capability, but a learning curve to match.

Scaler gave me the courage to explore Rapid Composer.  Demo got me hooked so I grabbed the RC Sept sale.

• Great Idea 1

Did someone post this video here? Or did I find it on my own? I don't remember anymore.

Also, Rapid Composer 33% off right now.  EDIT: That's probably what you meant by September sale Steve. Doh!

Edited by artturner
Took time to actually read the posts above mine.

23 hours ago, Marshall said:

Exactly.  I haven't kept up either.

From a brief viewing of the video, it appears that you can key lock to the chords.  I wonder if you can also lock to scales?  This is very similar to Cubase's MIDI input transform.

Scaler can make any DAW a powerful composition tool.

19 minutes ago, pbognar said:

Exactly.  I haven't kept up either.

From a brief viewing of the video, it appears that you can key lock to the chords.  I wonder if you can also lock to scales?  This is very similar to Cubase's MIDI input transform.

Scaler can make any DAW a powerful composition tool.

If I understand your question correctly, the answer is "yes" you can key lock to scales and you can do so in a few different ways.

Did you notice that you can now direct where the Samples will be installed?
This is the first installer that allowed that; right?

I had a mklink setup for Scaler.
I don't put samples on the C drive.

t

"We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
And I don't need samples cluttering up my OS drive. keep it lean, mean & clean; just sayin'...