Arturia minilab mkII question, please

Larry T.

Greetings. I am just getting into my Arturia minilab mkII midi controller. Never played any keyboards, acoustic nor electric before in my life. In other words, I'm about as ignorant as they come when it comes to this Arturia minilab.

So....my question is I am running it on Windows 10, 8gb of ram, 3.4 processor....and I open CbB to record a preset synth track from arturia analog lab 4 I get this from CBb when setting Preferences/midi/devices:

midi device failure.

the following midi port(s) could not be enabled.

the ports will remain unchecked in midi device preferences.

inputs:

device name:

arturia mini lab mkII.

reason:

There is not enough memory available.

outputs:

device name:

arturia mini lab mkII.

reason:

There is not enough memory available.

So, my question is...seriously? 8 gb of ram isn't enough?? or, is this related to another setting i don't know about yet?

I attached a sceenshot.

TIA.

CbB minilab pic.jpg

Edited by Larry T.
  • Confused 1

ummmmm....i think i figured this out....minilab comes with it's own preset plug-ins in analog lab 4 which are quite good....however, CbB and minilab are not set up to communicate this nor, apparently, allow CbB access to the plug-ins....i guess....who knows....the arturia minilab tech support forum website is a joke....almost a month of unanswered questions....i had a feeling it was going to be like this....😖

• Confused 1

I just got a reply from arturia minilab mkII forum:

The user manual is there :  http://downloads.arturia.com/products/minilab-mkII/manual/MiniLabmkII_Manual_1_0_7_EN.pdf

To use it in your DAW, make sure Analog Lab is closed before launching your DAW so the USB-MIDI port is released.
Then, in your DAW, select the Minilab’s USB-MIDI ports as MIDI input and output and use the usual workflow to route them to your plugins.
Analog Lab itself can be run as a plugin and you should appear as such.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Larry T.
clarity.
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Writing from memory (my... not RAM): computers are using numbers to report errors. And different libraries use the same numbers for own (so different) errors. If an error comes from one library but the text for it is asked using another, obviously the text has nothing to do with real problem. So, as I remember, standard code which corresponds to "not enough memory" is something like "device is busy" in one other library (I can't remember which exactly, I just remember the number clash). I will not go into details, but that particular case has no easy fix. That confusing message appears in many applications for many years...

• Like 1