Metronome for complex time signature

Grzegorz Moskal

Question

I want to make a piece in 13/8 time signature (actually: 2/4 + 6/16 + 3/4). Unfortunately the built-in metronome happens to be useless, because all I hear is a stream of fast 8ths with emphasized one, which doesn't correspond musically to the real feel.
Is there any way to program the metronome according to the pattern below, or better just create a synth track?
If the latter, then a follow-up question: can I configure a track, so it's audible only during recording?

Przechwytywanie.PNG

2 answers to this question

The free metronome from SoundBytes may be a solution. Here is a short writeup and download link. On reviewing the writeup probably not.

31 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Just Mute the track when not wanted.

Unless one wants to toggle the track on/off while the transport is playing archive may be better than mute and if a synth is involved disconnect the synth too.

Because mute may be toggled while the transport is running, whatever resources a track uses are still used when the track is muted.

An archive track on the other hand is ignored by the DAW and a disconnected synth is unloaded from memory.

To disconnect a synth, in the synth rack click the power button or if the synth rack docked in the browser click on the synth in the synth rack use the synth setting menu. For more info see http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Browser.11.html

Edited by scook