Rio Al Mar

KSband

Lovely! The guitars sound great. Good move backing off the reverb; makes the performance sound more close-up and personal.

My only suggestion would be to flesh out the drum track a bit. It sounds very nice but repetitive, drum-machiney (if that's a word). Some accents, ghost notes, ride bell hits, maybe some hand percussion (e.g. shakers, bongos, congas) could dress it up without too much effort. (Check out Skaka for quick and dirty shakers.)

Thanks! I actually had some percussion in it initially but took it out because I thought it sounded too busy. Jamstix has jamcussion but usually I don't like it. I also have some percussion wav samples that I tried but none worked real well. Open to any suggestions on good percussion vst or wavs.

Nice work Kurt, very enjoyable listen. I agree with David about Yamaha instruments. I bought a SLG200-N a while back - in the shop I was comparing it with guitars at four or even five times the Yamaha's price point and it still more than held its own. 

Appreciate the SLG guitars are a bit niche, but they are very playable, have a good blend of amplified and modelled sound and record well.

I really should get mine out of the case a bit more often. 🙂

Andy

52 minutes ago, AndyB01 said:

Nice work Kurt, very enjoyable listen. I agree with David about Yamaha instruments. I bought a SLG200-N a while back - in the shop I was comparing it with guitars at four or even five times the Yamaha's price point and it still more than held its own. 

Appreciate the SLG guitars are a bit niche, but they are very playable, have a good blend of amplified and modelled sound and record well.

I really should get mine out of the case a bit more often. 🙂

Andy

Thanks Andy. I was shopping for the SLG and then decided I like playing unplugged too much. Years ago I saw Lee Ritenour playing one so I know they sound good.  My wife would probably like the silent version when I play a lead part 100 times trying to get a good recording!

9 hours ago, KurtS said:

My wife would probably like the silent version when I play a lead part 100 times trying to get a good recording!

Ha, many a true word spoken in jest Kurt, Mrs AndyB01 is a big fan of the 'silent' feature - her favourite line, as I am practising Horizons for the umpteenth time trying to perfect those fast runs and harmonics or get a single-take recording:

'don't you know how to play anything else?' 

Andy

😂😂

• Haha 1