Comping Multi Track Drums

Nich0las

Question

I am editing drum tracks for a project.

I do not record them in Cakewalk, they are delivered to me via WAV files in folders, i.e. Take 1 has 12 tracks in it, Take 2 has 12 tracks in it and Take 3 has 12 tracks in it. 

I dropped all three Takes into Bandlab. I know how to do that. Easy. 

Then, I grouped each individual take via the Selection Group Function. 

Now, once all three Takes have been individually grouped, how do I comp them versus one another to create one singular drum take?

There does not seem to be a way to drop them into Take Lanes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Edited by Nicholas Villani

3 answers to this question

I'm no expert at comping but thought I might be able to assist given no one else has responded. 

What I would do I use the browser to load the first take into 12 drum tracks. Then I'd add two additional take lanes for each track. Then I'd load the tracks one at a time into the correct take lane. 

There's probably better ways but I think this one will work. To load each take with the Now time at Home, I think you can select the track and the intended take lane and double click the intended clip. 

4 hours ago, Bill Phillips said:

I'm no expert at comping but thought I might be able to assist given no one else has responded. 

What I would do I use the browser to load the first take into 12 drum tracks. Then I'd add two additional take lanes for each track. Then I'd load the tracks one at a time into the correct take lane. 

There's probably better ways but I think this one will work. To load each take with the Now time at Home, I think you can select the track and the intended take lane and double click the intended clip. 

+1

23 hours ago, Nich0las said:

There does not seem to be a way to drop them into Take Lanes.

There is.

The way I would go about this is  to create 12 tracks. Within each of these tracks, create 3 empty take lanes. Then drag and drop the files one by one onto the appropriate take lanes.

After this, select the 12 clips from the first take and group them, then same with the second and third takes.

At that point, the comping may commence.

(Save early and often; Ctrl-Z is your friend)