my demise

jack c.

15 hours ago, altbl said:

t needs to be mixed, everything sounds full on, monochromatic w/o dynamics.

if ya would please explain what ya hear as it is mixed and mastered.

monochromatic w/o dynamics.

what does this mean?jack c.

7 minutes ago, jack c. said:

if ya would please explain what ya hear as it is mixed and mastered.

everything is blaring at one level (& there's distortion) maybe you're going for a lo-fi sound?

5 hours ago, altbl said:
6 hours ago, jack c. said:

everything is blaring at one level (& there's distortion) maybe you're going for a lo-fi sound?

i want to make me stuff better.

what is this?

all tracks were recorded at 10    6 db so how could they be distorted.some parts of said song only had a few instruments  how could they not have dynamics.lufs was --6 and limiter was 5.0 and ceiling was 0.0.i don't want lofi.jack c.

26 minutes ago, jack c. said:

what is this?

Dynamics as in soft, loud..Try using the faders in your daw including automation.

27 minutes ago, jack c. said:

all tracks were recorded at 10    6 db so how could they be distorted.some parts of said song only had a few instruments  how could they not have dynamics.lufs was --6 and limiter was 5.0 and ceiling was 0.0.i don't want lofi.jack c.

Could be various reasons, improper gain staging, poorly tracked or bounced, eq, over compression or limiting.

23 hours ago, jack c. said:

lufs was --6 and limiter was 5.0 and ceiling was 0.0.

Jack , -14 lufs is a typical target for streaming. -6 lufs is Way too loud.  Ceiling should be at least -1 db instead of 0. The compressor/limiter should be set to whatever it takes to give you -14 lufs for the entire song. Before you ever hit the mastering stage , your song should be somewhere around -6 db.   If you don't have the headroom , boosting the levels will ruin the dynamics and cause distortion.  If you have Ozone it will set the loudness for you.      Just basic targets ..       Cool  song .    mark

19 hours ago, mark skinner said:

ack , -14 lufs is a typical target for streaming. -6 lufs is Way too loud.  Ceiling should be at least -1 db instead of 0. The compressor/limiter should be set to whatever it takes to give you -14 lufs for the entire song. Before you ever hit the mastering stage , your song should be somewhere around -6 db.   If you don't have the headroom , boosting the levels will ruin the dynamics and cause distortion.  If you have Ozone it will set the loudness for you.      Just basic targets ..       Cool  song .    mark

thanks mark.jack c.

• Like 1