What we have missed

garvelu

Hello! Absolutely noob here, I've made this instrumental theme and I would love any comment, critics or suggestion, so I can improve.

Kinda pop, but I've tried to use extended chords and a bit jazzy harmony.

I hope you like it, but, anyway, any comment will be welcome.

Thank you very much πŸ™‚

Β 

Β 

Edited by garvelu

Thank you very much, Wookiee πŸ™‚

The guitar isn't real πŸ˜… It's NI Session Guitarist - Electric Sunburst deluxe . I guess I've messed up the sound settings... I'll try to change it this week to add depth and improve it, and I'll check the mix too.

I think I'm gonna remove all pedals and stuff, and then test the sound adding effects one at a time, starting from the "pure clean" sound , instead of using predesigned "sounds"

Thank you again πŸ™‚

I like the song but the sounds not so much. The guitar is kind of harsh sounding and thin, the bass and drums areΒ pretty weak and compressed? sounding. I think it could be good with some work. I have in the past recorded a commercial song that is a great recording onto a track as a reference when mixing. I also like Β to send a mix to my phone and listen on my headphones that I use all the time and compare to other tracks on there. I'm no expert so take what I say with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

Thank you very much, Kurt'S. Definitively, guitar sound is wrong if so many people thinks the same πŸ™‚ ... I have work to do there, and I'll use that advice of listening the mix in very different kind of devices, headphones and speakers comparing the sound with other similar themes but professionally mixed, and trying to mimic the sound spectrum that they used.

I'll also check levels and compressions on bass & drums.

I hope to do so asap, but my "real life-morning work" is beening too intense this week πŸ˜…

ItΒ is better wouldΒ suggest though the Guitar is a little to forward.Β  Did You Play this on a keyboard or program it in?Β  If you programmed it in, which it does sound like try varying the velocities on some of the notes, as they all sound like they have the same dynamic.

This is much better than the first version.

• Like 1

I'm glad you liked the changes from previous version

I'd played it on a keyboard (Roland FA06) the most part (when the lead guitar makes two notes, the second one is written directly on the piano roll) ... There is some variation in the "velocity" values, but it's true that there are not so clear when listening the song, so it's a great room for improvement that I can use: Thank you very much!

I'll also put the guitar a bit more backward to balance the mix.

Thank you very much again

Thank you, DeeringAmps πŸ™‚

Getting a midi guitar part β€œright” is a challenge.Β 

It's is indeed! πŸ˜…

I've never heard about the Electric Sitar, I've just seen a video on Youtube and... wow! It's amazing! Now I need one of those! πŸ˜…

• Like 1