Include "Close" in Docking Options menu

Starship Krupa

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

As it is, in order to completely get rid of a view, one must undock it, then click on the "X" to banish it.

I would like to be able to completely close, not just minimize, panes/views from the Docking Options menu:

closeoption.png.f6a63d02335d3c04fb481279b9140cbc.png

Iike a remove option. 

3 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

Does Ctrl-F4/Ctrl-W not work?

I believe these are your own custom keys. I use these keys daily

I also think  @Starship Krupa are referring to each VIEW WINDOW such as the Browser/PRV/ STAFF etc. when its in "Dock State" to be removed ("closed") and not be collapsed in their docks . 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

They are actually ones I've added (I assumed Ctrl-F4 was there by default as it's the standard for closing tabs in an MDI application), but they do work once so added (when docked into the multidock).   I think I probably added them because it annoyed me I couldn't close them easily!  Annoyingly, you need to add them to every view that you're going to dock.

To be honest, it doesn't annoy me so much now as I've got workspace(s) set up to not dock anything except the views I really want docked, so I don't use the shortcuts now.  And it doesn't annoy me as much as Melodyne always appearing in the multidock, irrespective of the state you left it in.

18 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

They are actually ones I've added (I assumed Ctrl-F4 was there by default as it's the standard for closing tabs in an MDI application),

☺ Yep. To close the the global project. 

21 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

To be honest, it doesn't annoy me so much now as I've got workspace(s) set up to not dock anything except the views I really want docked, so I don't use the shortcuts now.  And it doesn't annoy me as much as Melodyne always appearing in the multidock, irrespective of the state you left it in.

Yeah! I've been complaining about this multidock system for years now. Even though I use floating windows for the Inspector and Browser (only to add samples) I do prefer the PRV and Melodyne as its currently working. What I do find annoying is to have the multidock available with everything you open. 

Meaning: its not necessary to have a multidock to open these normal. Almost like a ghost/phantom multidock behind the scenes. The extra bar at the bottom looks unattractive and taking space. 

On 9/6/2021 at 9:47 AM, Will_Kaydo said:

its not necessary to have a multidock to open these normal. Almost like a ghost/phantom multidock behind the scenes. The extra bar at the bottom looks unattractive and taking space. 

You are aware that you can drag tabs out of the Multidock? Unless you mean that you'd like a way to open these windows without having to do that.

On 9/6/2021 at 9:15 AM, Kevin Perry said:

They are actually ones I've added (I assumed Ctrl-F4 was there by default as it's the standard for closing tabs in an MDI application), but they do work once so added (when docked into the multidock).   I think I probably added them because it annoyed me I couldn't close them easily!  Annoyingly, you need to add them to every view that you're going to dock.

The panes that pain me are Help, Synth Rack, and (less often) Browser. This is mostly only for when I'm working on my 15" laptop, where real estate is dear.

5 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Unless you mean that you'd like a way to open these windows without having to do that.

Behind the scenes, yes. That entire multidock toolbar idea at the bottom -  getting old. 

Opening views without the multidock currently works fine, closing them is a different story. Shortcuts dont work when they are maximized to the window. 

Something that has always bugged me is if you float the multi dock to another screen and then need to minimize it for some reason, it obscures a small part of the track view that sometimes you need to see. ☺️

image.png.f3ef22d8400fef0c8ee4afa87b1499b1.png Multidock is open on 2nd screen

image.png.6d5c7dffbbe593466907268fb280d20d.png Multidock is now minimized ( i.e. to use 2nd screen for plugin ) but obscures part of screen 👀