SanDisk SSD Plus 1TB SATA $89.99

jesse g

6 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Now if that price would be the norm we are finally getting somewhere.

I still have my 250GB Samsung OS drive working well (paid $250 in 2013). $89 for a 1TB is unreal. IIRC, SanDisk didn't have a very good reputation....don't know if that has changed or how good this 1TB disk is?

5 hours ago, Mesh said:

I still have my 250GB Samsung OS drive working well (paid $250 in 2013). $89 for a 1TB is unreal. IIRC, SanDisk didn't have a very good reputation....don't know if that has changed or how good this 1TB disk is?

I don't ever recall hearing that.  My 2nd SSD is a Sandisk.

FWIW the only SSD I've had fail on me within the warranty period was a SanDisk SSD Plus (it lasted around 14 months). It was my samples drive as well, which for the most part was read only.

To give SanDisk their due however, they did replace it without fuss with an Ultra II which has been going strong ever since.

Almost all my other SSD's are Crucial MX300's or MX500's which have been rock solid.

Edited by msmcleod

I've been satisfied with my Samsung 250 EVOs for a number of years. No problems what so ever, and the SMART readings still look good on the oldest (3-4 years old).

With this latest radical drops in the price level I'm considering upgrading to a 1 TB drive. Using mainly a Lenovo X220 system and wondering if anybody knows if there is some kind of limitation in the size of drives that can be put into an "older" laptops like that ? Seen some net talk about some 500 GB limit ... but didn't quite get it.

Remember, a SSD is only as good as it's firmware which directs it's "trash Collection" duties. With SSD's they run blazing fast the first time, but that speed drops to a crawl as you fill it and time moves on. Only the better firmware and trash collection routines give the best service over the long haul, making them the better deal.