Penultimate song from my album and one of my most ambitious...

PJH

I've just finished and uploaded the video of the penultimate song and video from my upcoming album. This track has been in the works for the past three to four months. In that time I've survived getting the dreaded Covid amongst other things.

The track is in two parts and I used alternate acoustic guitar tunings as an experiment. My good friend Mark Beling (also a guitarist) caught Covid at the same time as I did and  I decided that when we get through the recovery I'd invite him to contribute to the song.

I also had my good friends, drummer (Larry Rose) and Hammond/piano player (Dave Sharp) play on the track.

I used a some stock video and video that I filmed to accompany the audio which I think worked out quite nicely.

The song (both parts) runs for about ten minutes, so for those who love three and a half minute songs wait until you have some time to listen.

The audio was tracked and mixed in Cakewalk with the final mastering done in Adobe Audition. The video was produced in Adobe After Effects and Magix Vegas.

I hope that you enjoy this track as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

Edited by PJH
  • Like 11

PJH , another Top Notch production and performance!  You sure surround yourself with some talented mates. I believe my favorite part was the blue Tele. I don't think I've ever heard such a silky tone come out of one .  I really liked the way you adjusted your playing style in the Tele section using the longer slides  bringing that tone out. The acoustic was icing on the cake.                       Awesome job ..   mark

• Like 1

Peter, I really enjoyed that - it's right up there with some of your best work for sure. Hope you're all recovered from Covid, I think we're all going to cop for a dose eventually - vaccinated or otherwise.

Thanks for ten minutes of blissful musical respite from an otherwise mad World. Great work!

Andy

On 9/7/2021 at 11:57 PM, mark skinner said:

PJH , another Top Notch production and performance!  You sure surround yourself with some talented mates. I believe my favorite part was the blue Tele. I don't think I've ever heard such a silky tone come out of one .  I really liked the way you adjusted your playing style in the Tele section using the longer slides  bringing that tone out. The acoustic was icing on the cake.                       Awesome job ..   mark

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen/watch and for the kind comments!

Cheers!

On 9/8/2021 at 4:13 AM, DeeringAmps said:

Fixed! And thanks for the "heads up".

Lovely, just lovely; that's all I have to say...

t

Thanks for your comments and the little hint at editing my post! 😂

I have done so!

Cheers!

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 10:08 AM, AndyB01 said:

Peter, I really enjoyed that - it's right up there with some of your best work for sure. Hope you're all recovered from Covid, I think we're all going to cop for a dose eventually - vaccinated or otherwise.

Thanks for ten minutes of blissful musical respite from an otherwise mad World. Great work!

Andy

Thanks for your comments Andy!

That's a terrific Strat sound!

This is so Floyd'y, it's got a wonderful Gilmour feel without totally copying his setup. And your drummer Larry is way better than Mason!

Terrific playing by both of you guitarists - that fricking riff at 6:29 made me forget about Gilmour altogether. And Dave flies on the C3!

Wonderful work - I'm so jealous!

Tim

PS Listened to an old album this morning on my walk called "Atom Heart Mother" ...

Edited by timboalogo
Forgot the darned remind me of replies

This is so Floyd'y, it's got a wonderful Gilmour feel without totally copying his setup. And your drummer Larry is way better than Mason!

Terrific playing by both of you guitarists - that fricking riff at 6:29 made me forget about Gilmour altogether. And Dave flies on the C3!

Tim

PS Listened to an old album this morning on my walk called "Atom Heart Mother" ...

On 9/10/2021 at 2:27 PM, garybrun said:

That is the business.
Beautiful tones.

Something to be proud of!

Thanks for the comments Gary!

On 9/16/2021 at 11:35 PM, timboalogo said:

Tim

Thanks so much for your comments Tim!

Much appreciated!

On 9/19/2021 at 3:08 PM, Wookiee said:

Pleasant enough track not to long, in my furry opinion, mix sounds OK here on the Adam's

Thanks for listening.

On 9/19/2021 at 3:16 PM, Keith Wilby said:

One word: beautiful.

Thanks for the comment!

17 hours ago, Bapu said:

Peter, all around the block that is stunning.

Personal taste: I would have hoped the drums would have been less dry. At minimum, some (more) verb on the snare.

Thanks for the comment Bapu! In my first mix I did have more reverb on the kit but felt that the drums lost a bit of punch. I applied a room ambience which is still surprisingly quite high in the mix.

Cheers.