The Velvet Underground

pwal³

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

Can't watch it on my Samsung Smart TV. Apparently we bought it just before their models allowed Apple TV+ app.

They really screwed me, and everyone really recently, but for me it was like the 4th time. Hah. Never again. I have one of their high end 4K TV's. Long story short, it was a special discount through my wife's workplace. I finally got a working one after 3 attempts and a stop payment through my C.C. company which they sided with me on. It took so long to get it worked out that it became a clearance model and I got it cheaper, with tax, at Best Buy.

Anyway, they recently stopped doing software updates for it. Youtube updated their App and it's not compatible with the O.S. of the TV and now you can't play most music through the TV off Youtube which is what I use it for 99% of the time. I have a decent sound system hooked up to the TV and that's where I listen to music and check my mixes. I had to get a Firestick and now I use all my apps through it and the TV is basically just a dumb monitor now.

I'm done with these Smart TV's. All of them. Once I get things settled and figure out how I want to set it all up I'm hooking up a server and I'm going to stream it all from a PC and a NAS where there are no limitations ... and no commercials. All I have to do now is set the PC next to the TV and use the HDMI cable but I want to set up something more permanent in my basement and do a proper streaming network.

To stay on topic ... ;) ... not a fan of Velvet Underground.

2 hours ago, bdickens said:

We don't watch TV. Don't even have a TV.

Problem solved.

We don't either. I use it as a monitor with a built in PC for apps. I also have an extensive collection of restored horror movies in 4K that I love as much as I love music. My wife rarely watches TV but is glued to her books in what little spare time she has. I r to dumm for reedng. Puts me to sleep before I finish the first paragraph. No lie.

I love discovering new music on Youtube and it's a convenient way to upload my own music and watch/listen to anywhere and share. That's why I was so torqued that they ruined the app and now I can't do the one thing I spent 99% of my time doing on my own TV.

That said, I don't look down my nose at anyone who does watch TV. I'm just older and don't relate to what is considered mainstream now. For example, I fell asleep watching Youtube video's of Password with Angie Dickinson and Frank Gorshin last night. It was great.