Sweetwater Bought Out

jesse g

5 minutes ago, jesse g said:

He no longer has Majority leadership.   Surack relinquishes role as Sweetwater CEO as investment firm assumes majority ownership

https://www.wane.com/news/local-news/surack-stepping-up-at-sweetwater-providence-to-take-majority-ownership/

can't read it :

"This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws."

But if they give up more than 50 % , ouch ...not good 

Just now, bdickens said:

Since this happened while Sweetwater is still a thriving business, I think it will take a while before it gets ruined. 

Specially with the pandemic and the rise of indoor activity demand 

1 hour ago, Zo said:

can't read it :

"This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws."

But if they give up more than 50 % , ouch ...not good 

Sorry Zo.

5 hours ago, Zo said:

Sorry let me erase my posts ....

I studied it , but i don't feel either the need and the capacity to dev in englshi , not my birth langage the concept .

Capital : is the key element to study , what is that concept ...

Second , we can judge a system by its impact , the latter one is more than enougth to figure out it's far from ideal ..... and it will leads to the very essences of it , if you don't see the connection bewteen this system and usury , sure what's coming up next will make no sens for you ... 

Let me erase my stuff and get back to subject ....;

You were on subject. My concern is the moderators banning you and/or removing the thread. IOW I felt like I may have set the conversation up to get people in trouble and I regretted posting the video.

Every company I have ever known that was bought out the Sweetwater has been bought out has been destroyed. It's happened at two companies I worked for.

The more I think about it I don't think Sweetwater will be any different but it may take longer to destroy them because they have such a great reputation.

Edited by Shane_B.
Fixed typo.

2 minutes ago, bdickens said:

Since Sweetwater is still a thriving business, it will probably take a while, but once some f***ing bean counter gets his first cost-cutting idea....

Like I already said, Sorry no more candy in the box because you know that cost us a few pennies!

1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

You were on subject. My concern is the moderators banning you and/or removing the thread. IOW I felt like I may have set the conversation up to get people in trouble and I regretted posting the video.

Every company I have ever known that was bought out the Sweetwater has been bought out has been destroyed. It's happened at two companies I worked for.

The more I think about it I don't think Sweetwater will be any different but it may take longer to destroy them because they have such a great reputation.

All Good Shane , you did right .... 

And yep it's really a concern ..... the culture and honesty to the original philosophy of a firm is always sacrified imho ....

Enters also ego's and numbers .... 

Edited by Zo

Wow, I have been using Sweetwater for over 15 years and have had the same sales rep the whole time. In my experience their service has always been exceptional. My wife and I were just there for the first time a few weeks ago ( she has family in the area, we live in NYC ) and my sales rep took the time to give us a complete tour of the facility and then just spent some time chatting in the cafeteria. Didn't try to sell me anything, just talking about our family's and how we were all doing. I will hold out hope that the culture there can remain but will have to watch with a wary eye.