Alternative audio editor

msmcleod

I'm sure some of you are aware of this, but for those who don't, PluginBoutique are offering Acon's Acoustica 6 Basic Edition for free:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/3-Studio-Tools/48-Audio-Editor/1956-Acoustica-6-Basic-Edition

Using scook's excellent ToolEditor (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eiVH_I1clbbRtWFh4-3Mo7HANjCxR8SwqHJtYXy19gw/pub ), you can add this to your tools editor to edit audio within CbB:

acousitcabe_cbb.gif

The settings for the ToolEditor are as follows:

acousitcabe_cbb_toolseditor.png

Edited by msmcleod
Fixed ToolsEditor link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Great Idea 2

11 minutes ago, Kurre said:

It seems to be 32-bit. But i'll try it. It opened up fast.

I think you're right, but then again so was SoundForge until version 12.

I'm still using SoundForge 11 Pro with no issues, but I do find Acoustica much easier to use, and faster for basic edits.

7 minutes ago, msmcleod said:
20 minutes ago, Kurre said:

It seems to be 32-bit. But i'll try it. It opened up fast.

I think you're right, but then again so was SoundForge until version 12.

I'm still using SoundForge 11 Pro with no issues, but I do find Acoustica much easier to use, and faster for basic edits.

There is little need for a 64bit audio editor. Audio is streamed from disk either way. What a 64bit editor provides is the ability to natively load 64bit plug-ins.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, scook said:

There is little need for a 64bit audio editor. Audio is streamed from disk either way. What a 64bit editor provides is the ability to natively load 64bit plug-ins.

I agree, although I normally use audio editors for editing the waveform itself, either cut/pasting or removing clicks or pops.

If I want to apply an effect, normally I'd just do that in Cakewalk.