Not a deal: the one that got away

Nick Blanc

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

there was once this woman i was madly in love with when i was a young guy. at the time, i was too dumb to see, and spent decades thinking she was the  one that got away.

but then, we had a little old friends  reunion, and I  discovered she is quite crazy and didn't age well. now i am glad she was the one that got away. i dodged a bullet.

🙂

I hate country, but Garth Brooks did  a song ("Unanswered Prayers") about this exact scenario...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, husker said:

I hate country, but Garth Brooks did  a song ("Unanswered Prayers") about this exact scenario...

Is telecode Garth? And did  I  joke about about said reunion?  There go my backstage passes hehe

Edited by kevin H
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TracingArcs said:

The one that got away........Spitfire Audio BF 2 years ago. The "Ton" which included British Drama Toolkit, EDna Earth, and a piano. I was working away and got my dates wrong. Have cursed ever since.

Indeed. That was the best Ton ever. 

• Like 1

I regret not buying Soundforge 14 when Larry had it on sale at kvr. I was looking at it and trying to decide when to get it, and someone else was quicker (and this "deal" is unlikely to return, well, maybe until the next Samplitude upgrade)

Which reminded me, I wanted to buy NI Stradivari Violin that I had seen on that same forum a few days back (and I was hesitant because of the IK Group Buy already being a large purchase for the month). Let me head over there asap...

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
  • Like 1

I missed a "small box" Marshall 50 Plexi once, it was just over the border in Vancouver.
I was trying to be sure I could "run" up there and pick it up.
Should have "pulled the trigger".
But I did get a 50 (not a small box, '71, poor man's plexi with the alum. faceplate; did have the "laydown" mains
hand wired turret board, mustard all over the caps [that's important ya know])
from a fellow in Reno, I was headed that way for an event and he also had
a Tall Vintage cab filled with Green Backs, so it all worked out...

t

We're talkin' plugins right? you plug it into the wall, plug in your guitar, plugin the speaker cab; that's plugins; right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

We're talkin' plugins right? you plug it into the wall, plug in your guitar, plugin the speaker cab; that's plugins; right?

If we're going that way, 20 years ago Guitar Center was closing out the Vox 810 Valve Tone overdrives for $25.  Now they are going for $175 on the used market.  I should have picked one up.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

5 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

If we're going that way, 20 years ago Guitar Center was closing out the Vox 810 Valve Tone overdrives for $25.  Now they are going for $175 on the used market.  I should have picked one up.

30 years ago, every smokey pawn shop on church street had old 80s analogue synths piled high to the ceiling. the old pawnshop owners couldn't sell them to save their lives and were begging for someone to take them off their hands for peanuts. today, those synths go for 10's of 000's. hindsight is 20/20... but back then, if you were there ..you were just as dumb as the next guy. 

Edited by telecode 101
  • Haha 1

i remember there was one year when there was a 25 year anniversary IK GB and i bought 10 plugins as freebies that i already owned.  And whatever this guy Larry would post i would go and buy after walking 10 miles in the snow, through a tornado, and installing into a 2TB SSD which was really big back then.  Those were the good old days.

Edited by kevin H
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

30 years ago, every smokey pawn shop on church street had old 80s analogue synths piled high to the ceiling. the old pawnshop owners couldn't sell them to save their lives and were begging for someone to take them off their hands for peanuts. today, those synths go for 10's of 000's. hindsight is 20/20... but back then, if you were there ..you were just as dumb as the next guy. 

Back then I didn't care about keyboards, other than wondering why all the synths from the bands I liked in the 70s sounded so lush and all the bands in the 80s had synths that sounded so twinky.