Not a deal: the one that got away

Nick Blanc

Just wondering, what is that one deal you didn't get while it was on offer and afterwards you regret it not buying.

I know, "not buying" seems like a somewhat alien phrase here, but I'm sure there have been times.

For me: SSL LMC+

Didn't go for it when it was €30 on introduction. Now I hope it goes back to that price again.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

1 minute ago, paulo said:

The two females who wanted a threesome when I was 21.

True story: I dodged that bullet once because I coulnd't be bothered to pick them up from a bar they were at some 10 minutes from my house. They were colleagues of mine. Found out later they both had herpes 😂

Ahem, back to plugins...

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

True story: I dodged that bullet once because I coulnd't be bothered to pick them up from a bar they were at some 10 minutes from my house. They were colleagues of mine. Found out later they both had herpes 😂

Ahem, back to plugins...

Back to plugins indeed ;)

Sales are such a consistently periodic thing now that I'm hard pressed to think of any such unique occurrence that it'd have left me feel regret for a substantial amount of time.

The sales price is now the consumer MSRP with the inconvenience of demanding your ongoing attention and alertness to strike that deal, the cost of which is the mental energy you waste in that bullshit, a punishment for being such a small fry that you have to micromanage and optimize spendings measured in hundreds - or even tens - of $/€/£, while pro(ducer)s have the money to buy what they need to make more money, when they need it, because they make money - instead of just Excel sheets of stuff they've bought. Successful businesses don't impulse-buy stuff just because it's a "good deal", so ironically they may spend less cash on software than an enthusiast, but spend it more wisely.

The consumer is a valuable customer demographic as they've been programmed to dance to the rhythm of periodical sales, and they generate discussion and awareness about the products, which also helps in selling to the pro market. Buzz is always good.

The stupid thing is that the consumer-enthusiast is trading their time for virtual value in money (arbitrarily priced products), yet time is more valuable than money. Especially whatever "savings" you get from buying massive amounts of digital junk you'll probably never need nor even use.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

Right when I was just discovering this forum, I read about Synthmaster going for about $10.  But I found out a day late.  Since then I've come back to this page every single day.

But I have learned that 99% of deals return in time.  And in most cases,  they even get to be better deals. 

But RMX for $99!  I would have gone for that. You can't find anything much rarer than a Spectrasonics sale.  Too bad. 

• Like 2

there was once this woman i was madly in love with when i was a young guy. at the time, i was too dumb to see, and spent decades thinking she was the  one that got away.

but then, we had a little old friends  reunion, and I  discovered she is quite crazy and didn't age well. now i am glad she was the one that got away. i dodged a bullet.

🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

there was once this woman i was madly in love with when i was a young guy. at the time, i was too dumb to see, and spent decades thinking she was the  one that got away.

but then, we had a little old friends  reunion, and I  discovered she is quite crazy and didn't age well. now i am glad she was the one that got away. i dodged a bullet.

🙂

Wonder if she thought the same thing hahah

• Like 1
  • Haha 3